Admin and Finance Assistant
Location: Burkina Faso
Job Code: 1407
# of openings: 1
TITLE: Administrative and Finance Assistant
PROGRAM(S) / DEPARTMENT(S): Operation and Finances
COST CENTER CODE(S): BURKINA FASO
REPORTS TO: Administration and Finances Manager
JOB STATION: Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
LOCAL HIRE: Yes; This position does not provide for expatriates allowances.
EngenderHealth’s vision is a world where sexual and reproductive health rights are respected as human rights, and women and girls have the freedom to reach their full potential. This emphasis on rights directly underpins EH’s values and principles: choice, quality, and excellence. To achieve transformational change leading to true social and economic progress, EH partners with diverse organizations across sectors with the shared goals of highlighting women’s value to sustainable development.
Reporting to the Administration and Finance Manager, the admin and finance assistant will provide a variety of financial, administrative and control support services to the LAD Project activities.
The Administrative & Finance Assistant will be responsible for the following:
• Ensuring that prior authorization is obtained before any payment;
• Assuring all vouchers are prepared and appropriate signatures have been obtained;
• Examining all financial documents for payment are checked for completeness, accuracy and validity of financial data, including accounting classification and computations;
• Preparing checks, payments and bank deposits
• Recording financial transactions into QuickBooks and preparing monthly field reports
• Monitoring the bank account transactions, reviewing and reconcile the bank account on a monthly basis
• Insuring on-time, accurate data entry, completing the journal entries for non-routine expenses as necessary
• Maintaining complete, accurate and timely financial records in compliance with Donors and Engender Health policies and procedures
• Overseeing the issuance and collection of project contractors, consultants and staff travel advances, reconciling advance accounts ach month
• Following up on outstanding advances which have not been liquidated in the timeframe prescribed by policies
• Keeping up-to-date the personnel file according to EH policies
• Work under the supervision of Administration and Finance Manager to administer benefits (pension, health insurance, annual leave scheduling, etc.)
• Reimbursing and filing all staff travel expense reports;
• Preparing payroll voucher to record the payroll disbursement and reporting and paying all payroll and taxes;
• Maintaining all financial files and assisting in the preparation for the annual audit.
• Managing the Petty cash and recording petty cash vouchers.
• Vetting all new vendors through debarment databases prior to any business transaction
• Preparing monthly advance requests, monitoring cash balances and ensuring that adequate funds are available all times to cover operations
• Preparing quarterly balance sheet reconciliations
• Ensuring that Withholding Taxes are promptly paid
• Ensuring prompt disposal of scrapped items
• Maintaining equipment and furniture
• Identifying malfunctioning equipment and ensuring their prompt repair or replacement
• Maintaining the inventory of all fixed assets;
• Preparing requisition forms, calls for bids, and competitive selection justification documents.
• Checking the delivery of goods and services for completion.
• Preparing standard purchase orders and services contracts
• Managing and performing other duties as assigned by the Administration and Finances Manager
• Equivalent and/or, BTS, bachelor, or other equivalent degree in accounting, finance, Business administration or other related field
• At least 3 years progressively experience in Finance and Office administration
• Experience working with an International development organization
• Experience in organizing training and workshops including logistics management, budget preparation, distribution of invitations
• Excellent organizational skills
• Good communication skills
• Verbal and written communications skills in English will be an advantage
ESSENTIAL SOFT SKILLS
• Capacity to deal with multiple tasks and be able to adhere to tight deadlines, and excellent time management skills
• Be honest and trustworthy
• Be respectful
• Demonstrate sound work ethic
PREFERRED SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS:
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
• Fluent in French
• Ability to use QuickBooks will be an advantage
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person(s) assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed and assigned.
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable federal, state and local laws.
EngenderHealth complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.