EnCompass recrute 01 assistant MEL
EnCompass seeks MEL Assistant candidates for an anticipated five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) MEL support activity to be based in Dakar, Senegal.
This anticipated, five-year project will provide USAID/Senegal with strategic and technical support to improve performance management and advance Mission learning. The project will provide comprehensive MEL services, including capacity strengthening and technical support, to USAID/Senegal, local organizations, and potentially the Government of Senegal.
Reporting to the Technical Director, the MEL Assistant will provide project management and coordination across activities, assisting staff in the planning and implementation of technical work. The MEL Assistant will help plan meetings and events, design event materials, coordinate data collection activities, manage data storage protocols, track consultant invoicing, monitor activity progress in line with work plans, and take meeting notes. The MEL Assistant will also provide surge technical support to teams as needed, including data coding and analysis and the development of technical reports.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate meetings and events, including scheduling, developing and sharing agendas and handouts, identifying venues, and taking notes.
- Coordinate and deliver training to consultants, partners, and others on established technical/operational tools, templates, and processes.
- Assist the project team in the implementation of new technologies
- Support the establishment and implementation of data protocols for tracking, documenting, and storing data; documenting data analysis procedures; and complying with all applicable policy/guidance.
- Coordinate data collection activities by finalizing data collection tools, booking transportation and hotels, scheduling site visits, checking in with data collection teams, and tracking incoming data; may help program electronic data collection forms for quantitative surveys.
- Assist in the preparation of standard and technical reports.
- Contribute to the aggregation of monitoring, research, and evaluation data.
- Assist in the preparation of evaluation findings, reports, and articles for appropriate audiences
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events, and providing administrative support to other team members as needed
- Other duties as assigned by senior team members
Bachelor’s degree in applied economics, statistics, sociology or related area of study; Master’s degree an asset
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of two years of experience coordinating monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities in Senegal
- Experience coordinating complex data collection activities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate productively with consultants and partners
- Experience creating communications materials, such as evidence briefs desired
- Previous experience working in USAID-funded programs preferred
- Expertise supporting the development of research/evaluation designs and data collection tools, and
- supporting data analysis and reporting preferred
- Computer literacy and competency in use of Microsoft Office software such as Outlook, Word, Excel and
- PowerPoint. Experience with qualitative and/or quantitative analysis software preferred.
- High-level working proficiency in both English and French required
- Authorization to work legally in Senegal required
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter and complete the application on the Careers & Consulting page of https://encompassworld.com.
Closing date : 26 May 2022.Postuler