EnCompass seeks a Procurement and Logistic Officer for an anticipated five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) support activity to be based in Dakar, Senegal.
This anticipated, five-year project will provide USAID/Senegal with strategic and technical support to improve performance management and advance Mission learning. The project will provide comprehensive MEL services, including capacity strengthening and technical support, to USAID/Senegal, local organizations, and potentially the Government of Senegal.
The Procurement and Logistics Officer will report to the Director of Finance and Administration and will be responsible for identifying and evaluating suppliers, arranging for transportation of purchased goods, working with the Director of Finance and Administrator to identify and develop strategies for addressing logistical barriers, monitoring use of materials and resources, and ensuring quality record keeping administrative and logistical aspects of the EnCompass project field office located in Senegal.
The position will be full-time and be based in Dakar.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions include:
- Works closely with the Director of Finance and Administration, the Home Office Contracts team, and the Project Operations and Management function to manage all procurements, and ensure procurement processes are being followed and are compliant with donor expectations, rules and regulations, and EnCompass internal policies (EnCompass Procurement Policy)
- Serves as the primary point of contact for procurement of supplies, services, and equipment
- Prepares and collects all required documentation for all planned procurement specified in the contract budget
- Organizes and documents personnel and financial data to include: preparing documentation required to hire consultants, preparing labor agreements and consultant contracts, securing approval of COP and other required approvals
- Creates a knowledge management system to monitor and follow all procurement-related activities that take place locally
- Works directly with Home Office IT on all IT-related procurements
- Supports the issuing of payments to consultants, subcontractors, and vendorsConducts regular inventory management, tracking and reporting movement of all project-related non-expendable property as specified in the contract and EnCompass regulations, and in accordance with USAID procurement regulations
- Provides direction and guidance to subcontractor staff on procurement standards/requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, management, business administration or similar field; Master’s degree an asset.
Experience and Skills
- At least 2- 5 years of overall relevant experience on donor-funded projects in a related role in: HR, recruitment, procurement, and contract compliance
- Previous experience working in USAID-funded programs an asset
- Experience managing unit level results preferred
- Knowledge of applicable Senegalese laws and policies on human resources, and procurement procedures required
- High-level of working proficiency in both English and French; competencies in other local languages an asset
Closing date: 26 May 2022.Postuler