EnCompass recruits 01 M&E Manager
EnCompass seeks M&E Manager candidates for an anticipated five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) support activity to be based in Dakar, Senegal.
This anticipated, five-year project will provide USAID/Senegal with strategic and technical support to improve performance management and advance Mission learning. The project will provide comprehensive MEL services, including capacity strengthening and technical support, to USAID/Senegal, local organizations, and potentially the Government of Senegal.
The M&E Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day implementation of monitoring, research, and evaluation activities. This includes: improving performance monitoring systems, conducting monitoring data collection and analysis, and designing and implementing complex research/evaluation efforts. The M&E manager will directly implement technical work and will also oversee teams of consultants and partners who are implementing technical tasks. The M&E manager will be responsible for scope, technical quality, and budget for the technical tasks under their purview, with the oversight and guidance of the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist. The M&E Manager should bring expertise designing and implementing complex monitoring, research, and evaluation efforts in Senegal.
The position will be full-time and be based in Dakar with travel throughout the country.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the selection and engagement of local partners and consultants for monitoring, research, and evaluation activities. For each activity, design and co-facilitate training of partner/consultant teams, support team building and establishment of roles, and ensure teams are positioned for success.
- Design quantitative and qualitative data collection tools, analytical methods, and study methodologies.
- Review technical MEL products designed by consultants. Establish methodological processes and standards that are compliant with USAID Evaluation Policy and ADS 201 for staff to adhere to on project monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Manage day-to-day monitoring, evaluation, analysis, and assessment activities, including coordination and oversight of consultants and local partners engaged in these activities.
- Manage and arrange all interviews and schedules for evaluation and research activities, including proper protocols for requesting interviews with Government of Senegal officials.
- Ensure regular communications and updates to USAID POC on the evaluation or research task.
- Collect all background documents and ensure evaluation and research full review and analysis of the documents as preliminary findings to guide workplan development.
- Support the Senior M&E Specialist on scoping and design of technical activities. Ensure teams are efficiently implementing activities in line with established good practices, within budget, and on time. Manage implementation calendars.
- Provide field-based quality assurance throughout each research and evaluation activity including ensuring consistent use of tools, recording of interviews and focus groups and daily de-briefing sessions.
- Support development and implementation of monitoring systems through technical assistance on the range of performance monitoring topics that may include indicator development, system buildout, and other requirements as specified by ADS 201. Support analysis or synthesis of data across partners as needed by the Mission.
- Support capacity development colleagues’ by providing subject matter expertise on M&E topics, includes designing or co-facilitating training content.
- Provide surge support on monitoring, research, and evaluation activities as needed.
- Employ strong collaboration, learning, and adapting (CLA) practices throughout the work, with an understanding of the USAID Program Cycle
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events, and providing administrative support to other team members as needed
- Other duties as assigned
A Master’s degree in the social sciences, demography, development studies, or a related field
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of four (4) years of demonstrated experience managing concurrent monitoring, research, and evaluation activities for improved development outcomes.
- Experience playing a management role on complex mixed-methods research/evaluation efforts, including scoping, designing, data collection, analysis, and reporting to implement evaluations and other assessments.
- This includes managing longitudinal data (baseline/endline).
- Experience supporting design or implementation of complex monitoring systems required. This includes designing indicators and data collection tools, conducting data collection, and analyzing/reporting on monitoring data. Experience implementing monitoring systems in line with USAID requirements preferred.
- Expertise in sampling methodologies, data collection tool design, qualitative data coding and analysis, and statistical analysis and software (e.g., Stata)
- Computer literacy and competency in use of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Use of quantitative and qualitative software analysis programs such as Dedoose, NVivo, Stata, SPSS or others.
- Experience developing infographics and data visualizations as part of PowerPoint presentations.
- Extensive experience drafting and finalizing evaluation reports and disseminating findings
- Experience developing the evaluation capacity of research/evaluation teams highly preferred.
- Experience managing complex relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including with government officials at different levels.
- Working knowledge of and experience with USG-funded program management, policies, regulations and procedures. Strong familiarity with USAID’s Evaluation Policy, ADS 201, CLA, and the Program Cycle.
- Experience with USAID’s Gender Policy and ADS 205 highly desired.
- Strong communication, supervision, and management skills required
- Superior written and verbal skills in French and mother tongue language and working knowledge of written and spoken English required.
- Experience implementing these MEL activities in Senegal required; familiarity with USAID/Senegal Mission is preferred
- Authorization to work legally in Senegal required
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter and complete the application on the Careers & Consulting page of https://encompassworld.com.
Closing date : 26 May 2022.Postuler