EnCompass LLC recruits 01 Data Analyst
EnCompass seeks Data Analyst candidates for an anticipated five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) support activity to be based in Dakar, Senegal. It is anticipated this project will provide support to Burkina Faso, Chad, the Gambia, Mauritania, Niger, and potentially other countries within West Africa.
MRCS will provide USAID/Sahel Regional Office with research, performance measurement and management support activities such as monitoring and evaluation (M&E) design, program evaluation design and implementation, sectoral assessments, surveys, special studies and target setting. This contract would improve performance management at all levels to help the Sahel Regional Office meet Agency requirements, make better informed strategic and management decisions, and advance Agency learning.
The Data Analyst will report to the Senior Evaluation Specialist and will be responsible for reviewing project data into insightful information and learnings that can be used to influence activity-level decision making. S/he will be responsible for cleaning, processing, and analyzing both qualitative and quantitative data and lead all data management protocols including documentation and storage processes.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting data collection through the calculating of sample sizes for qualitative and quantitative studies; identifying appropriate counterfactuals and preparing research instruments.
- Provide database design and management services, including data entry and analysis
- Regularly review data to assure quality and identify potential improvement areas
- Support the establishment of the project team’s data protocols for documenting data that are collected during activities; documenting data analysis procedures and meeting data storage obligations; and complying with all applicable regulations. S/He will also help with the review of deliverables from activity teams.
- Prepare data visualization to facilitate public presentation of data findings including pie charts, bar graphs, and tables, among others to include in both external and internal reports.
- Provide training, as requested, on data procedures or protocols; or assist with the installation, operation and maintenance of new technologies as well as with any other duties that may be assigned.
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events, and providing administrative support to other team members as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, information technology, MIS or a similar field; Master’s degree an asset
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of five (3) years of experience in managing both qualitative and quantitative data sets, preferably in donor-funded related activities
- Previous experience working in USAID-funded programs preferred
- High-level working proficiency in both English and French
Closing date: 18 February 2021
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter www.devex.com.