Embassy of Japan in Thailand: Grant Assistance for Grassroots Human Security Projects 2019
Deadline: 28 February 2019
The Government of Japan is currently accepting applications for its Grant Assistance for Grassroots Human Security Projects 2019 to provide support to non-profit organizations that are engaged in the social development sector in Thailand.
The GGP scheme provides flexible and quick support to comparatively small-scale development projects which aim to improve the social well-being of people at the grassroots level.
- In principle, 10 million yen per project.
- However, depending on the content of the project (for example, a project strongly reflecting human security), a maximum of 100 million yen may be available.
Duration of Project
Within one year from the day when a grant contract is signed.
Focal Areas of Assistance
- GGP mainly targets areas that aim to improve Basic Human Needs (BHN) such as projects that are highly beneficial at the grass-roots level and those that require timely support on humanitarian grounds. Typical projects include improvement of the basic education facilities, improvement of fundamental medical equipment for hospitals. CSR(Corporate Social Responsibility) or BOP (Base of the Pyramid) projects in collaboration with Japanese companies can be supported by GGP.
- In addition to the activities described above, GGP addresses a variety of local needs in a flexible manner. Please contact the Embassy of Japan.
- Non-profit organizations as specified below:
- Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs),
- Community Based Organizations (CBOs),
- Medical Institutes (e.g., hospitals, health centers, etc.),
- Educational Institutes (e.g. primary schools),
- Local Governments (e.g. Tambol Administration Organizations).
- Individuals and commercially based organizations are excluded.
How to Apply
Applicants can download the Application form 2019 for GGP via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.th.emb-japan.go.jp/itpr_en/ggp.html