Embassy of Canada to the Dominican Republic: Canada Fund for Local Initiatives 2018-19
Deadline: 23 June 2018
Embassy of Canada to the Dominican Republic is seeking applications for its Canada Fund for Local Initiatives 2018-19 to support small-scale but high-impact projects in the Dominican Republic, which align with priority action areas that guide the Government of Canada’s international assistance.
The program is directed at projects conceived and designed predominantly by local partners. Projects are selected and approved by the Canadian Embassy in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.
Thematic Priorities 2018-19
All projects must clearly align with one of the following CFLI thematic priorities:
- Addressing sexual and gender-based violence
- Strengthening the capacities of human rights organizations, including women’s rights organizations.
- Respect for Diversity, in particular for LGBTI, afro-descendant, and migrant / refugee populations.
- Environment and climate action focusing on adaptation and mitigation, as well as on water management.
Globally, CFLI contributions to projects average about CAD $25,000 (Canadian dollars).
Within the context of the Dominican Republic eligible recipients include:
- local non-governmental, community and not-for-profit organizations,
- local academic institutions working on local projects,
- international, intergovernmental, multilateral and regional institutions, organizations and agencies working on local development activities,
- municipal, regional or national government institutions or agencies of the recipient country working on local projects, and
- Canadian non-governmental and not-for-profit organizations that are working on local development activities.
Eligible organizations must provide proof of local and legal registration in the country in which they plan to implement the project, and have a local bank account.
How to Apply
All applications must be received via e-mail at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Canada Fund for Local Initiatives.