Embassy of Canada to South Sudan: Canada Fund for Local Initiatives 2018- 2019
Deadline: 22 June 2018
Embassy of Canada to South Sudan has launched a call for proposals for its Canada Fund for Local Initiatives 2018- 2019 to support small-scale but high-impact projects in South Sudan.
The program aims to support projects designed and implemented by local implementing partners in South Sudan.
Projects are expected to start in August 2018 and be completed by February 28th, 2019.
The CFLI offers direct funding assistance to local organizations and women’s groups for small projects addressing one or more of the three thematic areas of focus below:
- Gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls.
- Peace and security, with a focus on conflict prevention and building peace.
- Growth that works for everyone, including women’s economic rights, decent jobs and entrepreneurship, investing in the poorest and most vulnerable, and safeguarding economic gains.
Projects will be assessed based on their alignment to one or more of the three thematic areas of focus (above), and appropriate justification for the use of funds. Once a thorough assessment of all applications is complete, applicants will be notified if their application was selected or not.
CFLI contributions per project will be a minimum of CAD $15,000 and a maximum of CAD $30,000. Project proposals for less than CAD$15,000 and more than CAD$30,000 will not be assessed.
Eligible recipients include:
- Local non-governmental, community and not-for-profit organizations,
- Local academic institutions working on local projects,
- The majority of CFLI funding is to be directed toward local civil society organizations (including non-governmental organizations) working at the local level.
How to Apply
To apply, please send an email at the address given on the website and request for the application forms.
For more information, please visit Call for Proposals.