Embassy Niamey recruits 01 Office Management Assistant- Employee of the Mission/All-or, MOH, EFM (RSO)
Announcement Number: Niamey-2022-015R
Hiring Agency: Embassy Niamey
Position Title: Office Management Assistant- Employee of the Mission/All-or, MOH, EFM (RSO)
Open Period: 07/25/2022 – 08/24/2022
Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+1
Series/Grade: FP – 0120 8
Salary: USD $34,770 – USD $34,770
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 Hours per week.
Promotion Potential: FP-8
Duty Location(s): 1 Vacancy in Niamey, NG
Telework Eligible: No
For More Info: HR Section
• Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency: U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and Member of Household (MOHs) – All Agencies
Security Clearance Required: Secret/Confidential Clearance
Appointment Type: Temporary
Appointment Type Details: Definite not to Exceed (5) years.
We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The work schedule for this position is: Full Time 40 hours per week
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (4 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or his/her candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
The incumbent performs clerical and administrative duties as the Office Management Assistant (OMA) for the Regional Security Office (RSO) pertaining to a multitude of RSO administrative items, both classified and unclassified. The incumbent will need to work independently and possess strong communication skills as the incumbent will be in contact with many diverse individuals on a daily basis. Incumbent will require unescorted access to the Control Access Area (CAA) and a Secret security clearance.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years of administrative experience which would include some of the following types of administrative duties: filing, scanning, scheduling appointments/meetings, maintaining calendars, ordering office supplies, making travel arrangements and receiving telephone calls.
Completion of high school is required.
LANGUAGE: Mandatory: English (fluent) speaking/reading/writing is required. (This may be tested.)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Niamey, Niger may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
1. AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
2. AEFM / USEFM
3. FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Secret clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
• High School Diploma (or equivalent)
• Language Scores (if available)
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
• Copy of Sponsor’s Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
• DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
• SF-50 (if applicable)
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Niamey, Niger.