EDCTP: Advances in Product Development for Effective Prevention, Treatment and Management of Co-Infections and Co-Morbidities
Deadline: 18 October 2018
The European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) is seeking proposals for a programme entitled “Advances in product development for effective prevention, treatment and management of co-infections and co-morbidities”.
The purpose of this Call for Proposals is to support actions that lead to improvements in the prevention, treatment and/or clinical management of co-infections and co-morbidities in sub-Saharan Africa. Proposals must include at least one infection within the EDCTP scope. Proposals on co-infections and co-morbidities other than those involving HIV/AIDS are also encouraged.
- The call budget is EUR 14 million.
- EDCTP considers that proposals requesting a contribution from the EDCTP of between EUR 2.0 and 4.0 million would allow this specific challenge to be addressed appropriately.
- EDCTP considers that proposals for activities of between 36 and 60 months duration would allow this specific challenge to be addressed appropriately.
A proposal will only be considered eligible if:
- its content corresponds, wholly or in part, to the topic/contest description for which it is submitted
- it complies with the eligibility conditions set out below, depending on the type of action:
- Consortia comprising a minimum of three independent legal entities are eligible to apply. Two of the legal entities shall be established in two different Participating States (European Partner States) and one of the legal entities must be established in a sub-Saharan African country. All three legal entities shall be independent of each other.
- ‘Sole participants’ formed by several legal entities (e.g. European Research Infrastructure Consortia, European Groupings of Territorial Cooperation, central purchasing bodies) are eligible if the above-mentioned minimum conditions are satisfied by the legal entities forming together the sole participant.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Austria, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo (Democratic Republic), Congo (Republic), Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit EDCTP.