EC-REC Programme: Operating Grants 2019 to Framework Partners Active in the Area of Disability
Deadline: 20 September 2018
The European Commission-Employment, Social Affairs & Inclusion is accepting proposals for its “Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme Operating grants 2019 to Framework Partners active in the area of disability”.
The objective of the Call is to promote and protect the rights of persons with disabilities, to ensure that people with disabilities can fully enjoy their rights.
More specifically, the activities of the applicant should contribute to one or more of the following priorities:
- supporting the implementation of the priorities of the European Disability Strategy 2010-2020, taking into account both the Progress Report on its implementation and the main results of the public consultation as mentioned above;
- contributing to the evaluation process of the European Disability Strategy 2010-2020
- contributing to the reflection on the post-2020 European disability strategic framework;
- contributing to the implementation of the UNCRPD and promoting the involvement of the national member organisations in the implementation;
- supporting the human rights model of disability, including in disability assessment and determination as well as in social protection matters;
- supporting and contributing to implement the UN Concluding Observations on the report on the implementation of the UNCRPD by the EU;
- supporting the achievement of the Europe 2020 strategy targets on employment, poverty and education;
- supporting the development, implementation and monitoring of EU and national policies and legislation in the area of disability, including the development of statistical data;
- contributing to mainstreaming different aspects of disability matters in EU and national policies and legislation, particularly in the areas of accessibility, employment, education, social inclusion, social protection, health – including mental health -, human rights, international cooperation and development to make sure that the rights and needs of persons with disabilities are properly addressed;
- supporting the European Pillar of Social Rights, including contributing to its implementation, in particular the principle 17 on disability, and mainstreaming disability in all its relevant areas;
- contributing to improving the accessibility of products and services, including by supporting the work on the European Accessibility Act and other EU accessibility legislation;
- supporting the achievement of the Sustainable Developments Goals (SDGs) of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, notably those with a direct impact for people with disabilities;
- supporting and contributing to EU youth initiatives targeted at young people, including those with disabilities, to encourage inclusive education and training, access to employment, participation and independent living, and including new initiatives such as the European Solidarity Corps;
- contributing to the development of specific policies relevant to disability in the area of independent living, in particular as regards the transition from institutional to community-based care.
The total budget earmarked for the EU co-financing of projects under this call is estimated at € 2,801,000.00 EUR.
- To be eligible, actions must be fully carried out in eligible participating REC countries:
- EU Member State,
- Iceland and Liechtenstein.
- Activities taking place in other countries are therefore not eligible in this Call for proposals. However, where the Beneficiary can adequately justify that participation in such activities are fundamental for the implementation of its annual work programme and maximise its European added value, and where they contribute to achieving the objectives of the funding programme, related costs could be accepted as eligible provided that they are originated in a REC programme country, and subject to prior explicit approval by the Commission.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit REC Programme.