DW Akademie International Media Scholarship Program 2016-17 – Study in Germany
Deadline: March 31, 2016
DW Akademie is now accepting applications for the 2016-17 International Media Studies program (IMS) in Bonn, Germany for the winter semester. The program offers a mix of research, lectures and practical experience and combines these disciplines: media and development, journalism, communications and media management.
The program is targeted at students from around the world who want to work in a position of responsibility in journalism or the communications sector. It especially addresses journalists-in-training, media representatives from radio, TV, online and print and communication experts. Students who successfully complete the four-semester program will be awarded a master of arts degree.
- Applicants must have completed an academic program (bachelor’s degree or equivalent) and have acquired at least one year of professional experience in a media-related field after their first degree.
- The program is bilingual (English and German), whereby English is the prevalent course language.
- The program is especially targeted at:
- Media representatives from radio, TV, online and print
- Journalists-in-training, especially from electronic media
- Journalists and management from community radio stations
- Communication experts
- NGO employees
- Employees from ministries
- Employees from cooperative development groups and projects
- Representatives from regional working groups and national broadcasters
- Media association representatives
The tuition fees for the postgraduate, four-semester Master’s Program will cost a total of 6,000 EUR. There are a limited number of full and partial scholarships available.
For the Master’s Program, applicants should have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, more than one year of professional experience in a media-related field and communication skills in German and English.
Only online applications will be accepted.
For more information, visit DW Akademie Media Scholarship.