Dubin Fellows Program for Emerging Leaders 2018 at Harvard Kennedy School
Deadline: January 24, 2018
Applications are ongoing for the Dubin Fellows Program for Emerging Leaders 2018 at Harvard Kennedy School. Fellowships are open to entering master’s degree students at Harvard Kennedy School who have demonstrated strong character, academic excellence, the ability to thrive and lead in the face of diversity, and a commitment to making a transformative impact on the communities they serve.
Fellows are expected to take part in the following:
- Welcome Retreat: CPL Fellows interact with and get to know one another and begin the process of supporting one another’s aspirations as leaders.
- Leadership Discussion Series: On a weekly basis, the fellows engage one another as well as eminent practitioners and local and national leaders on topics of service and leadership.
- Connection with CPL and Dubin Fellows Network: Fellows engage with these other emerging leaders as they begin their careers through opportunities like roundtable discussions, mentoring experiences with fellowship alumni, leadership skills workshops, and networking events.
- Dubin Fellows are awarded a scholarship up to full tuition and health fees for up to two years, depending on the length of their graduate degree program;
- Fellows are eligible for a stipend up to $5000 to support unpaid summer internships or professional development;
- Successful applicants will demonstrate their potential as emerging leaders by evidencing strong character, excellent academic credentials, a commitment to pursue a career with transformative impact on society, and the ability to thrive and lead in the face of adversity;
- Dubin Fellows will participate in a robust cocurricular program offered by the Center for Public Leadership.
- This fellowship is open to students entering their first year of study in any of the Harvard Kennedy School’s master’s degree programs;
- Both domestic and international students are eligible to apply;
- Fellows must commit to active participation in the weekly cocurricular program.
- Apply to Harvard Kennedy School: Application deadline is Monday, December 4, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. EST.
- Apply for the Fellowship: Application deadline for the Dubin Fellowship is Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. EST.
- The following materials are necessary for a complete application:
- A biographical profile, not to exceed 150 words:(This profile should be short, concise and in the third person.) Please include the following highlights: an introductory sentence including your name; the degree you are pursuing at Harvard Kennedy School in addition to any joint degree at Harvard or concurrent degree program at another graduate or professional institution; where you are from and where you currently reside; an overview and highlights of your relevant work/professional experience; significant leadership achievements including awards or certifications; and educational credentials with the degrees earned and institutions attended.
- A document containing written responses to the following two essay prompts:
- Please discuss a topic you are passionate about as it pertains to your ability to thrive and lead in the face of adversity and your experiences as they relate to this topic. Please include specific examples in your response (750 words or less).
- Please discuss briefly your interest in the Dubin Fellowship and how your leadership goals have motivated you to apply (200 words or less).
Finalists for the Dubin Fellowship will be interviewed in early March 2018 by members of the Dubin Fellowship Selection Committee.