Dream Builder Programme to Empower Young South African Women for Higher Education and fulfilling Economic Potential
Deadline: 26 July 2019
The Academy of Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) is currently inviting applications for Dream Builder Programme for enrolling young women in Institutions of higher educations and to empower their economic potential and practical skills needed to create investable and profitable businesses.
The main aim of Dreams Girl Academy is to implement a structure that would promote young women to reach their highest fulfillment and, to provide opportunities for volunteer work in order to help the community. In addition to driving educationamongst young female learners the program endeavours to create all-round wellness in teen girls focusing on areas such as, Life Design, Entrepreneurship & Career, Health & Spiritual Wellness, Etiquette & Grooming and Dignity.
The programme is open to aspiring and startup female entrepreneurs in the Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM), Commercial & Creative fields and will provide education resources, foster networks that support access to funding & mentorship, and connect women through existing exchange programs.
The organization will bring successful women who are either in the process of receiving higher education or have already attended, but also show leadership skills and community involvement to become ambassadors and engage with younger underrepresented women between the ages of 13 to 18 years old.
- College Shadowing Day;
- Student to Student Conferences;
- Multicultural Fashion Show;
- Athletic Events;
- Open Forums;
- College Tours;
- College 101 Classes;
- Educate about FAFSA and Financial Aid;
- Tutoring Sessions.
- Aspiring full time female entrepreneur with a viable business idea or startup women entrepreneurs in the STEM, Commercial or Creative fields.
- Applicants must be 21-35 years old.
- South African citizen or legal resident.
- Applicants Must be able to commit to the full programme & attend workshops from August 2019 – May 2020 (twice a month, in the work week from am-pm).
- Applicants must live and be able to travel to the training venue in Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town, Bloemfontein or Durban.
Note: Applicants cannot apply for this programme if they are in full time employmentor seeking full time employment.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information please visit https://www.facebook.com/DreamGirlsAcad/