|DRC recruits 01 Regional Head of Programme (Maternity Cover)|
Description de l’offre
Regional Head of Programme (Maternity Cover)
Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Occupations: Management and Strategy, Programme and Project Management
Closing soon: 20 May 2021
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Regional Head of Programme (maternity cover) to be responsible for the overall strategy implementation and successful coordination of DRC programmes in West Africa.
DRC has been operating in West Africa since 1998. The DRC West Africa Regional Office (hereafter: WARO) is based in Dakar, Senegal, and covers six countries outside of Senegal. Led by the Regional Director, the DRC WARO oversees, supports and provides strategic directions for DRC’s Country Offices within the region, which currently includes Mali, Burkina Faso, the Niger, Nigeria, Cameroon and the Central African Republic.
About the job
Under the management of the Regional Director and with the technical supervision of the Programmes Unit based in HQ Copenhaguen, Danemark, the Regional Head of Programmes (maternity cover) will have the following activities and tasks:
The mission is to ensure the interim of the Regional Chief of Programs (RHOP) during the period of her maternity leave. The role of Regional Chief of Programs has a regional focus and ensures compliance with DRC procedures, guidelines and programmatic quality standards throughout the region.
This role supports the development of regional strategies, which translate into national plans and / or day-to-day tasks.
It also supports program development and provides technical support and / or advice to operations in the 6 countries of intervention and regional projects.
The day-to-day responsibilities of the Regional Program Manager will be assumed during this period, namely:
• Lead and manage regional program staff (including planning, results, well-being and people development)
• Organize the recruitment of members of the regional program team and participate in the recruitment of key program positions in the countries if necessary
• Develop and improve intersectoral synergies within the program team and ensure the fluidity and regularity of regional and country communications
• Support and technically supervise the program managers of the 6 countries of intervention in the region.
• Support country offices in planning and developing concept papers, budgets and project proposals
• Proactively support the quality of programs and promote innovative initiatives and programs, based on data (evidence based) and taking into account the challenges of integration between sectors and nexuses.
• Conduct communication on DRC programs at regional level
• Monitor and contribute to ongoing advocacy initiatives in close collaboration with the Regional Director
• More specifically, during this interim period, the priorities will center around the facilitation of strategic exercises, better consideration of the issues of monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) and positioning on certain priority strategic partnerships for DRC. in West Africa (see below).
Action plan and tasks to be carried out by the employee as part of this mission at the Regional Office
• Ensure the day-to-day responsibilities of the Regional Chief of Programs with the support of the Regional Director (see above)
• Follow and participate in the discussions and global progress of DRC on the DRC 2025 Strategy and support the implementation / launch of the 2025 strategy at regional and country level
• Organize the regional annual review (strategic annual exercise) in coordination with the Regional Director and, if necessary, support the organization of annual country reviews.
• Develop an inventory and a contextualized action plan on regional MEAL issues (identification of priority files, proposal of realistic objectives, identification of resources that can be mobilized in the current configuration).
• Lead the process of developing country position papers and their regional consolidation for the DRC – DANIDA 2022-2024 strategic partnership framework
In addition to the above, the Regional Head of Programme (maternity cover) may be asked to carry out other duties requested by the Regional Director or the Regional Head of Multi Country Grants Operations.
To be successful in this role we expect you to posses the following:
• Master degree on International Developement, Social Sciences, MBA.
• 10 years of senior management experience
• Strong experience in programme development and proven programme development abilities
• Experience of leading strategic programming and planning, implementation, monitoring and learning
• Substantial NGO project management experience, including responsibility for strategy design, staffing, admin/finance management, contract management and donor relations
• Strong experience of donor liaison, fund raising, networking, advocacy and coordination
• Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment
• Strong people management skills
• Proactivity, with a sound commitment to teamwork and with a spirit of genuine collaboration
• Excellent communication skills, as well as patience and politeness, are required
• Multi-tasking and Organizational skills are necessary
• Adaptable and Flexible
• Proven analytical and critical thinking skills
• Exemplary sense of ethics in the workplace
• Team-oriented & good sense of humor
• Fully expert in written and spoken French and English
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 5 months
Level: Senior Management, E
Designation of Duty Station: Dakar, unaccompanied
Start date: 14 June
End date: 13 November (potentially renewable for a short period)
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
DRC provides equal opportunity in employment and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
DRC encourages all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
However, applicants must be aware that DRC cannot employ, under an international traineeship or volunteering agreement, a citizen of the country in which they are going to be stationed (in such case, the Republic of Senegal).
Closing date for applications: 20 May
Due to the urgency of the position, DRC has the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
|COMMENT POSTULER ?|
Apply online to this job :