DP World recrute 01 Site ESMP Manager
Main activities or tasks
- Act as an ambassador for DP World at all times when working; promoting and demonstrating positive behaviours in harmony with DP World’s Principles, values and culture; ensuring the highest level of health, safety and environmental (HSE) management is applied in all activities; understanding and following DP World’s Code of Conduct, Ethics and Sustainability policies;
- Demonstrates and articulates what good environmental stewardship and ‘social licence to operate’ means and embed this into the working culture.
- Provide leadership in driving environmental and social performance in line with good international practice.
Environmental & Social – Management Aspects
- Represent DP World in relation to environmental & social matters for the project and collaborate with health, safety, environmental, sustainability and community liaison personnel (DP World, consultants and contractors).
- Review and develop the ESMS to ensure that it meets the needs and objectives of the project.
- Develop and manage the responsibility matrix which ensures conformance and compliance against the ESIA, ESMP (and associated documents), permits, licenses and approvals. Inform the PM Team of any concerns, potential non-conformance or compliance and the need for potential adaptive management and update to the ESIA.
- Ensure that appropriate assurance activities are in place to review and document that the environmental and social requirements and commitments of the project are being met.
- In consultation with group and local sustainability teams (DPW) and community liaison personnel (PAD), review and update the stakeholder engagement plan taking into account key stakeholder groups, to disseminate ongoing information about the project, to communicate the grievance mechanism process (managed by PAD) and create awareness on wider community engagement initiatives being undertaken.
- Ensure that the Environmental & Social Implementation Plans (ESIPs) fulfil the commitments from the ESIA, CESMP and CSDs and meet international standards. These shall be in line with international standards and good international practice. Note, ESIPs are developed by the Contractors and reviewed by the Engineer Consultant. Refer to Notes at end of Job Description regarding organogram and summary of responsibilities.
- Ensure that appropriate review processes are in place for key contractor plans and documentation (as referred to above).
- The ESMP Manager shall ensure project conformance with the DP World External Stakeholder Engagement Policy, ESIA, ESMP (and associated documents) and collaborate closely with the Port Authority Dakar (PAD).
- Work closely with the DP World Dakar legal team and contractors to develop and maintain a Permits and licenses and commitments tracker to ensure that all relevant permits and licenses are in place, valid and provide appropriate coverage of activities. This is likely to require external legal and environmental advice.
- Reporting, in co-ordination with DP World Group (Head Office), and liaison with international funding agencies and investors.
- Close liaison with the independent engineer.
- Ensure environmental meetings and associated minutes of meetings are undertaken with the relevant teams on site.
- Regularly review processes for the onboarding of individuals, teams or parties to the Project with regards to environmental and social requirements and awareness and ensure that inductions are being undertaken for new staff, 3rd parties & visitors as required.
- Review and ensure project emergency preparedness and crisis communication protocols include environment and social aspects and are tested at least every 6 months.
- Regularly review programs for communication of environmental and social requirements such as (but not limited to):
- Initiatives to promote positive Project culture & behaviour around environmental stewardship and social licence-to-operate good practice
- Documenting and disseminating good practices and success stories
- Ensure roles and responsibilities for environment are included in plans, are communicated and understood and delivered against by accountable persons.
- Ensure environmental arrangements are in place for the project offices.
- Review current and future contract documentation when tendering packages of work to ensure suppliers understand the minimum environmental and social requirements prior to their arrival and are competent to deliver when they are onboarded.
- Evaluate tender submissions for environment related requirements and make recommendations on preferred Contractors related to environmental information provided.
Environmental & Social – Monitoring & Reporting
- Establish assurance activities to ensure consultants and contractors are meeting the requirements of their plans and responsibilities, including monitoring and reporting commitments.
- Review any environmental related incident investigations undertaken by the consultants and contractors and determine if the investigation, including findings and actions are adequate to prevent reoccurrence, and make recommendations to enhance actions where necessary.
- Monitor consultants’ and contractors’ timeliness of reporting and approval of incidents investigations and associated actions.
- Upload incidents to DP World systems where requested and ensure that all incidents are recorded on local systems.
- Ensure that serious incidents (Environmental) are reported using DP World Group HSE Emergency Protocols.
- Ensure that the consultants and contractors capture and communicate leading and lagging KPI indicators from the overall projects against agreed targets and objectives during weekly HSE meetings.
- Undertake inspections of the site activities, focused on continued implementation of identified controls, with the consultant and contractors teams.
- Undertake inspections with DP World Project Management of site activities and their controls.
Internal & external contacts
- Internal : DPW Director – Project Portfolio; DPW Site Project Manager; DPW Site Project Engineer; DPW HS&W Assurance; DPW Group and Region HSE; DPW Group and Region Sustainability; DPW Dakar Team.
- External: Port Authority; Engineering Consultants; Construction Contractors; Vendors & Suppliers.
Bachelors degree (or higher) in relevant field;
Experience in a similar role with experience on marine related projects
- Mandatory : 8 years
- Preferable : 8 to 15 years
- Experience working on projects with value more than $50m
- Experience with international funding agencies and investors on construction projects
Competence & skills
- Sound knowledge and experience with environmental and social best practices, legal compliance and permitting processes
- Past experience managing green-field projects in line with IFC Performance Standards or an equivalent
- Strong project management and co-ordination skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Good interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
- Able to work with multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (English and French)
- Team approach and recognition of others
- Information seeking
- Problem solving
- Able to assert themselves to ensure compliance
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with teams from a range of backgrounds
- Ability to develop and maintain good relations with a wide range of stakeholders Initiative
- Organizational awareness
- Ability to work collaboratively, flexibly and quickly grasp new knowledge areas, systems, and tools
- Proactive, self-motivated, able to work autonomously
- Consider HSSE objectives in maintenance objectives
- Set up HSSE actions plans for your workplace
- enforce HSSE instructions and procedures by the staff under your control
- Write, control and approve the respect of operational procedures and HSSE instructions in your section and shift
- Pilot or participate to incidents reporting and analysis if required
Closing date : 5 June 2023.
Pour postuler à cette offre, veuillez cliquer sur le lien suivant : ehpv.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.
Laisser un Commentaire