DKT International recrute 01 Directeur Plaidoyer
- Job Title: Advocacy Director
- Reporting to: Regional Director
- Based in: West Africa
- Number of direct reports: 2
- Travel: up to 24 weeks per year.
- Contract Type: Fixed Term of 2 years
DKT International Francophone West and Central Africa (FWACA)
The social marketing organization, DKT International, was founded in 1989 and is one of the largest private providers of family planning products and services, including HIV/AIDS prevention, in developing countries. DKT International has offices in 24 countries, with a sales presence in 90 countries.
Our vision is a « World where all children are wanted, the sex is great, and people are free ».
With its regional office in Dakar since 2016, DKT International FWACA offers family planning and HIV/AIDS solutions in French-speaking countries in West and Central Africa through its brands Lydia® and Kiss®. DKT International FWACA helps to raise public awareness through innovative social marketing campaigns and targeted communication with traditional and alternative media.
DKT International FWACA is active in around ten French-speaking African countries, with offices in Senegal, Côte d’Ivoire, and Cameroon. For more information, please visit: www.dktinternational.org
The Advocacy Director will lead advocacy efforts of the project “Expanding FP innovations through private pharmacies in West Africa” to pilot implementation of WHO guidelines to allow pharmacists to provide clinical family planning methods (injectables and implants) in Côte d’Ivoire and Senegal and one other country to be determined. The Advocacy Director will be responsible for designing, coordinating, and monitoring DKT’s advocacy efforts under this project, including building a network of champions who will drive opinion and policy change.
The Advocacy Director Officer will be responsible for the following across priority geographies for this project which will start with three and potentially expand to other geographies.
- Conducts regular meetings with stakeholders to understand barriers and opportunities towards changing task-shifting policy in each country
- Creates stakeholder mapping for each geography
- Conduct policy analysis and mapping to understand the current regulatory and policy environment
- Develop a network of key policy relationships
- Develop targeted annual advocacy strategies to build a network of champions to change opinion and policy
- Coordinate the network of champions
- Set up and drive a steering committee of champions and key stakeholders in each of the focus countries.
- Scope regularly for potential opportunities to seize change outside the focus countries
- Develops in partnership with key stakeholders’ recommendations for changes to policy and regulation in the intervention countries
- Secures waiver from each country to allow the pilot project to commence
- Manages up to two in-country advocacy leads
- Feeds into the project’s dissemination plan to ensure that the achievements and learnings of the project are regularly and widely disseminated
- Supports the organization of three workshops (baseline, midline, and end line) by establishing key stakeholder presence, supporting on content development, and driving follow-up actions
Required Skills and Attributes
- Demonstrated high-level and sustained engagement with health bodies in government and the private sector in Francophone West Africa
- Demonstrated experience in engaging governments on health policy issues
- Demonstrated knowledge of and contacts in the key project countries
- Fluent in French (spoken and written);
- Advanced English (spoken and written)
- Experience working with regional and pan-African institutions on policy issues
- Expertise in implementing advocacy strategies, including the ability to draft advocacy plans, and prepare them according to action and monitoring plans.
- Ability to build and maintain partnerships with sub-national, national, regional, and international partners such as ministries, national programs, implementing partners, and donor organizations.
- Ability to build genuine partnerships with civil society groups to ensure their expertise drives and determines the nature of our work.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to organize and present information in a compelling manner, especially to high-level stakeholders
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Strong entrepreneurial mindset and ‘can do’ attitude; able to problem-solve and quickly implement solutions.
- University degree in business, marketing, public health, or related fields.
- Unwavering sense of integrity and honesty
- Strong writing capabilities and highly proficient in MS Office
- Commitment to reproductive health and pro-abortion rights
- Experience working with or within the Ordre des Pharmaciens, Ordre des Médecins, or other medical professional groups
Working with DKT
- « Being a DKT person is about how you think. We’re bold. We’re entrepreneurial. We’re hard-working. We’re always focused on how to do more and push boundaries »
- Health Insurance
- Annual bonus based on performance
- Hybrid work
- Menstrual remote days for women
How to apply:
If you think you are the person we are looking for, please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Laisser un Commentaire