Dimagi is looking to hire a Project Analyst
Dimagi was born from the belief that there’s a better way to provide services to those in need. Our mission is to create digital products that support global development efforts and help accelerate the end of extreme poverty. CommCare, our mobile data collection platform, is designed to improve data collection and the quality of frontline services in low-resource settings around the world. We work across various sectors with organizations of all sizes providing mobile solutions that put end-users first. Working with partners that include the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, CARE International, and the World Bank, Dimagi has successfully implemented CommCare and supported 2,000 projects across 80 countries. Dimagi is a certified Benefit Corporation and leading social enterprise, working since 2002 towards our commitment to making an impact.
Dimagi is looking to hire a Project Analyst – Consultant to join our Solutions Division. This position will provide technical consulting and application development for our partners. This is a contract position for a period of 6 months. The contract has the option for renewal based on the project requirements.
We are seeking individuals who are eager to work with a diverse team in an exciting work environment. You will have the opportunity to work on the frontline with community health workers and develop solutions that enable people to live healthier and more productive lives. Become an expert on digital health products and technologies (like CommCare, DHIS2, PowerBI, and Tableau), and help deploy these mobile applications throughout Francophone Africa.
You will be working in an agile environment, alongside a dynamic, multi-skilled team of developers, engineers, public health, and development specialists. You will have the opportunity to travel to remote places.
Period: The period of performance will be finalized following an agreement of the consultant’s specific Terms of Reference for the assignment, but will be for at least a period of six months.
Remuneration: The monthly all-inclusive compensation rate for the six-month engagement will range between 1,252,214 XOF – 1,404,713 XOF per month, based on experience and qualifications.
– Technical needs assessment, requirements gathering and workflow mapping for a wide range of social sector programs, mainly health and agriculture
– Design and development of mobile technology systems using Dimagi’s flagship mHealth platform, CommCare
– Training groups of end-users on how to use the tool effectively
– Technical documentation as well as the development of visual learning aids
– Programmatic support and monitoring of project activity
– Data analysis and development of data analysis tools and reports to ensure that the information gathered by our mobile tool is meaningful and actionable to our partners
– Close collaboration with the Project Manager and the rest of the project team to ensure project success
– 2+ years of work experience, preferably working in the public health sector and/or development and/or with NGOs
– Fluency in English and French
– Ability to travel internationally up to 50%
– Project experience
Skills & Competencies:
– Highly reliable, self-directed, and resourceful
– Outstanding oral and written communication skills, particularly in working with remote teams
– Flexible and able to juggle many things at once
– Desire to make a social impact
– Passionate about end-to-end user experiences
– Software engineering (programming) background
– Basic understanding of client/server architectures, algorithms and data structures
– Experience with data management
– Fluency in another African language
– Business analysis experience
Closing date : 17 February 2020