DHL recruits 01 Head of Airfreight Operations
Participate in design and ensure implementation of AFR strategy to deliver flow of goods and information across the customer’s global supply chain utilizing air transportation, maximizing profitability and optimizing utilization of business and human assets in line with business strategy and objectives, corporate guidelines and policies
Typical Business Titles: Logistics Manager
- Responsible for policy and strategy implementation and short-term results (1 year or less)
- Problems faced are difficult to moderately complex
- Contribute to develop AFR strategy in line with business strategy and requirements, corporate guidelines and policies
- Ensure development of air freight forwarding plans and budgets, and achievement of productivity targets and measures to provide air freight forwarding for internal and external customers
- Design and execute plans for air freight products in areas such as perishables, pharmaceutical, aviation, etc.
- Achieve commercial air linehaul requirements for the designated area in the country/ region and hub within the prescribed cost and budgetary guidelines
- Ensure implementation of tight financial control and maintenance of operating protocols on an area basis for the commercial air linehaul activities
- Scan alternatives to enhance service, secure cost-effective and competitive linehaul, and negotiate competitive rates with airline suppliers while meeting desired service specifications and transit time targets
- Oversee RFQ development and clearly communicate guidelines for development of RFQs, particularly for high priority RFQs provide detailed guidance and for critical RFQs conduct launch calls and TRB calls
- Ensure pricing activities and responses to enquiries in a timely, efficient and globally competitive manner, guide regions/ countries on pricing, and monitor timely and accurate updating of local tariff
- Guide development and maintenance of data bank of country specific information to enable quick responses to specific network queries
- Develop and maintain business relationships with customers through regular customer visits
- Review account performances to win new/ additional and retain existing business, and provide monthly reports to management
- Review processes and design systems to enhance service quality and alignment with company’s direction and long-term goals
- Draft plans, train and deploy staff and their discipline in the flights control center
- Study issues, determine opportunities and introduce best practices for AFR focusing on increasing effectiveness and efficiency
- Influence others outside of own job area regarding policies, practices and procedures
- Develop strong, trusting relationships with business leaders across DPDHL
- Cooperate with and coordinate 3rd parties e.g. external service providers
- Advise customers and key stakeholders on processes, systems and tools
- Manage experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in assignments
Qualifications & Key Requirements
- Education Level: Bachelors Degree
- Experience Level: more than 6 years
If this is something you would like to do, don’t hesitate and start your application.
Application deadline is till 30th September,2020.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter www.dpdhl.jobs.