Department of Health and Human Services: Leading Edge Acceleration Projects (LEAP) in Health Information Technology
Deadline: 17 August 2018
Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the National Coordinator is seeking applications for its ‘Leading Edge Acceleration Projects (LEAP) in Health Information Technology’ which will address well-documented and fast emerging challenges which inhibit the development, use, and/or advancement of well-designed, interoperable health IT.
New approaches are expected to further a new generation of health IT development and inform the implementation and refinement of standards, methods, and techniques for overcoming major barriers and challenges in an innovative fashion as they are identified..
Areas of Interest
This funding opportunity is specifically interested in innovative solutions and breakthrough advances in the following areas of interest:
- Expanding the scope, scale, and utility of population-level data-focused application programming interfaces (APIs);
- Advancing clinical knowledge at the point of care.
- Award Ceiling: $1,000,000
- Award Floor: $1,000,000
- This is a competitive funding opportunity open to public or non-profit private institutions, such as a university, college, or a faith-based or community-based organization; units of local or state government, eligible agencies of the federal government, Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (federally recognized, other than federally recognized, and tribally designated organizations).
- For-profit organizations may participate in projects as members of a consortia or as a sub-recipient only.
- Because the purpose of this NOFO is to improve health care in the United States, foreign institutions may participate in projects as members of a consortia or as a sub-recipient only.
- Applications submitted by for-profit organizations or foreign institutions will not be reviewed.
- Organizations that engage in lobbying activities are not eligible.
- Applicant organizations may submit more than one application, provided that each application is scientifically distinct.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For further information, please visit Grants.gov.