Democratic Alliance Young Leaders Program 2022 for South Africans
Deadline: August 31, 2021
Applications are open for the Democratic Alliance Young Leaders Program 2022. The YLP is a political leadership learning and development program for South Africans between the ages of 18 and 35 who align themselves with the DA’s values of Freedom, Fairness, Opportunity and Diversity. Participants of the program are highly motivated individuals, interested in pursuing a career in politics or the public service, with the aim of creating One Nation with One Future.
Over the course of one year, participants of the program will be given the chance to broaden their political knowledge, critical thinking and communication skills. Participants will also get to know themselves, and their personal leadership style and development needs a lot better during dedicated sessions on leadership and personal development. In addition, Young Leaders will be required to conceptualise and undertake a leadership project, giving them a unique opportunity to expand their influence, self-awareness and emotional maturity, so that they can become dynamic, resilient leaders who are able to tackle politics on the national stage.
- All costs directly related to the YLP are covered by the DA.
- Open to all young South African citizens between the ages of 18 and 35, with a track-record of leadership excellence.
- These applicants must share the DA’s vision and must have proven themselves to be passionate leaders set on making a difference in South Africa.
- Participants must either be living in South Africa, or if they are temporarily abroad, be returning to South Africa in time for the start of the program. The Young Leaders Program does not cover international traveling costs.
Young Leaders typically demonstrate many of the following characteristics:
- A personal ideological alignment to the DA’s vision of One Nation with One Future, rooted in DA’s values of Freedom, Fairness, Opportunity and Diversity;
- A high level of interest in, and knowledge about, South African politics and current affairs;
- An excellent understanding of the DA’s principles and policies;
- A demonstrable leadership track record;
- Examples and evidence of having taken initiative, stepping outside normal roles to start something new;
- The ability to argue and reason well;
- Passion, drive and confidence;
- An authentic motivation to be actively involved in politics in future;
- A high level of self-awareness, maturity and emotional intelligence;
- Involvement in the DA.
Applications will be close on Tuesday, 31 August 2021 at 17h00. Late applications will not be considered.