DanChurchAid (DCA) invites applications for a Head of Finance (HoF) for the DCA programme in Mali. This is a non-family position and based in Bamako.
The DCA Mali programme is a growing programme and has been present in Mali since 2013. The program´s activities include Explosive Ordinance and Small Arms Light Weapons (SALW) Risk Education, social cohesion and peacebuilding as well as food security and livelihoods.
As the HoF you will refer directly to the Country Director (CD) and be responsible for Finance, Procurement and Logistics, HR and Admin management. The HoF will work closely with the programme’s technical coordinators and the DCA partners to ensure timely and efficient support.
Main technical tasks and responsibilities include
- Manage the project budgets, monitor that expenditures are in line with the project budgets as well as DCA and donor requirements; and spent in a timely and efficient manner;
- Ensure timely donor reporting in line with contracted obligations;
- Responsible for certifying and authorizing payments, expenditures and disbursements, entering all transactions into the ERP system, Maconomy, and that the supporting documents are filed according to internal procedures;
- Ensure all spending is in accordance with the DCA and donor requirements, and all relevant files for documentation are created, updated and maintained;
- Assist in the preparation of budgets, in close collaboration with relevant programme staff;
- Prepare all documentation required for audits;
- Monitor that DCA and donor policies, procedures and guidelines are strictly adhered to and that DCA operates in compliance with local laws;
- Support and capacity building of DCA staff and DCA partners.
Procurement and Logistics:
- Ensure that procurement is done according to donor requirements and in compliance with DCA Procurement manual;
- Ensure that equipment and cars used by the Operations department are functional;
- Supervise and oversee Logistics department
- Supervise the international procurement in coordination with the HQ Procurement/Logistic Officer
- Ensure that logistics manual is adhered to within the programme
- Ensure all national staff have valid contracts, updated and signed Terms of Reference, and have received sufficient induction and training; based on their position and needs; This includes training Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment, Child Safeguarding Policy, Code of conduct and Anti-corruption;
- Ensure that staff disciplinary actions are executed in accordance with DCA Staff policies and local labour laws;
- Take the lead in recruitment of national support staff;
- Ensure relevant induction of staff into DCA finance, HR and admin policies and procedures;
- Manage expat leave and R&R cycles and balances;
- Ensure all staff and beneficiary data and other relevant documents are kept in a confidential manner and not shared outside the organization;
- Provide guidance and oversight to the CD with overall resource planning for the projects and monthly reporting all aspects of Finance, HR and Admin;
- Plan, develop, implement and maintain appropriate standards, best practices and procedures.
- Additional responsibilities include:
- Efficiently lead staff within finance, procurement, logistics, HR and administration units;
- Manage and coordinate all finance, HR and admin tasks and ensure that the support units effectively meet the needs of operational staff to deliver high quality assistance to beneficiaries;
- Capacity building of local staff and partner organizations, including undertake capacity assessments, design and undertake capacity building and coaching for national staff and partner organization staff in areas such as financial management, procurement and logistics, administration, good governance and management of accountability and transparency;
- Contribute to a culture of excellence, continuous improvement and performance optimization across all projects;
- Maintain effective working relationship with other members of the programme;
- Represent DCA in any relevant Working Groups and coordination bodies;
- Be a role model for diversity and inclusion, as well as a positive role model for contributing to the team spirit.
Expériences / Formation
We are looking for the following qualifications:
- Degree in a field related to finance;
- At least 5 years previous experience working with an INGO in the field of financial management, in an international setting;
- At least 3 years of HR management experience;
- Proven skills in training, mentoring and capacity building of national staff;
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously and often in hectic settings;
- Ability to evaluate data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decision;
- Ability to fit well within a small team;
- Fluent spoken and written French and English is essential;
- Excellent knowledge of financial management systems;
- Experience in remote documentation, monitoring and management;
- Willingness to undertake field travel when needed, mostly to the DCA Mali Severé office in Mopti region.
- 12-month contract starting from April 1, 2020 (or as soon as possible after then), with possibility for renewal;
- A competitive salary package based on experience level, R&R, 30 days of annual leave;
- Medical and accident insurances as per industry standards;
- An opportunity to make a difference addressing humanitarian needs in a challenging environment.