DanChurchAid recruits 01 Humanitarian Response Programme Manager – DCA Central African Republic (CAR)
DanChurchAid (DCA) invites applications for an experienced Humanitarian Response Programme Manager for its Central African Republic Country Office. The position is based in Bangui with frequent travel to field destinations. The position is considered a non-family position.
As Humanitarian Response Programme Manager, you will lead the emergency responses in CAR and thereby being responsible for coordinating and implementing the delivery of Humanitarian Responses, which are generally related to emergency multi sectorial assistance through cash or vouchers, Food Security including food assistance, livelihood including agriculture and income generating activities as well as NFI support.
You will be responsible for selected projects and thereby overseeing project implementation in accordance with what has been agreed with the respective donor(s), within the specified timeframe and will lead on the associated financial and administrative requirements both externally and internally.
The position is responsible for programme development, project design and proposal drafting process (concept notes and project description documents) within the humanitarian response interventions. The position will be responsible for overall coordination of program activities and support to project staff, ensuring appropriate systems and mechanisms are in place to track, analyse and report on results as well as engagement with senior management on the strategic direction of the overall response.
The position will have the role of technical representation of the organisation towards other actors (clusters, state technical agencies, technical advisors of donors, etc.). This position will refer to the Head of Programme (HoP) in CAR.
The main duties relating to this position are as follows:
- Contribute to the humanitarian response strategy development to ensure that DCA continues to deliver an impactful response according to the needs on the ground.
- Ensure that relevant systems, tools and procedures are developed for effective assessment, program implementation, and documentation, tracking and reporting of all humanitarian activities.
- Build a strategic portfolio of partnership programming for humanitarian activities.
- Support the roll out of humanitarian programming best practices based on the operational context of CAR.
- Train staff and partner staff within humanitarian responses and the humanitarian principles.
- Lead humanitarian response project implementation.
- Ensure high quality intervention in line with what is agreed with donors.
- Ensure project compliance to DCA and donor policies and requirements.
- Project develop and support to development and formulation of concept notes and project proposals.
- Take the lead on the delivering of timely and quality project reports to donors.
- Work closely with DCA’s national partners.
- Participate in sector relevant coordination for a.
- Coordinate with local authorities and other stakeholders.
- Development of strong Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning systems, in close collaboration with MEAL staff.
- Actively mainstream protection and gender in all projects and ensure working towards Core Humanitarian Standards and relevant SDGs as well as adherence to SPHERE standards.
- Contribute to culture of excellence, continuous improvement and performance optimisation across all projects.
- Work in accordance with DCA values and humanitarian principles.
- Maintain effective working relationships with other members of the programme as well as with DCA HQ.
- Be a role model for diversity and inclusion, as well as a positive role model for contributing to the team spirit.
- Any other duties as requested.
Management responsibilities include:
- Staff management of Project Staff.
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence
Applicants must have the following qualifications and experience:
- A relevant academic qualification at master’s level in food security, agricultural education and extension, agricultural, applied Economics, agrobusiness management, food policy and applied food science, veterinary sciences.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar position and working with similar areas of interventions.
- Ability to evaluate data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decision, attention to details
- Have experience in writing successful concept notes/proposals and reports to institutional donors such as Danida, UN, ECHO and EU.
- Clear understanding of the cluster system.
- Leadership, cooperation, and communication skills.
- Be committed, flexible, result oriented and possess strong interpersonal skills including the ability to manage a busy workday with conflicting deadlines, and have an organized and structured approach.
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English.
- 12 months contract with the possibility of extension
- A competitive salary package
- 30 days of paid annual leave
- A generous R&R allowance
- Insurance as per industry standards
- An interesting and challenging experience addressing humanitarian needs.
All qualified candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy. Only online applications consisting as a minimum of a CV and a cover letter in English will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. https://www.danchurchaid.org/join-us/jobs/international-vacancies.
Closing date: 24 April 2022. Interviews are expected to be held 29 April 2022. However, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and DCA reserves the right to select a candidate prior to the closing date.
For further information regarding this position, please contact Marianne Holmen Sloth on email@example.com or visit DCA’s website, http://www.danchurchaid.org.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy. DCA conducts an anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment with us. Everyone applying for a job with DCA must be ready to comply with our Staff Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment and our Child Safeguarding Policy.
Please apply through our website at Humanitarian Response Programme Manager – DCA Central African Republic (CAR) I DanchurchAid (emply.com)