Warehousing & Distribution Supervisor
Supply Chain/Logistics Operations
Last application date: 18/4/2019
Maersk is looking to hire a Warehouse & Distribution Supervisor to join our Team in Nairobi. The W&D Supervisor will report to the Area Warehousing and Distribution Manager and requires strong planning, coordination and leadership qualities to drive operational management of a Warehouse and Distribution site at Maersk. Operational management supporting and enabling the Maersk W&D product families and value proposition to our clients being either stand alone or part of a global supply chain solution. Collaboration with all Country / Area functions, Liner Operations Cluster, Region, Centre as well as APMT IS will be required to ensure profitable top line growth, lowest costs and high service levels to enable a quality customer experience.
An opportunity to drive profitable W&D execution, growth and high service levels in the strategic L&S portfolio of products within Maersk.
o P&L responsible for the site. Covering all products and clients offered at this site
o Cost management of the site linked to the defined pricing
o ABC costing framework set-up and execution
o Customization and localization of the products within the framework
o Running pilots on innovation and driving implementation
o Facilitate the execution training linked to products, solutions and clients
– W&D footprint
o Manage the operations of the location
o Manage site subcontractors needs and usage for W&D services
o Respect compliance and the adherence of the global compliance framework
– Processes and systems
o Site execution of processes
o System usage and compliance to defined systems, processes and IT usage
We are looking for
– Minimum 3 years of Warehouse experience
– Experience leading a team,
– Strong commercial, business development and financial acumen.
– W&D experience as well as operational knowledge of W&D
– Collaboration and influencing skills
– Good understanding of W&D risks to be managed in a Kenyan context.
– Understanding of local cultures
– Good communicator and excellent stakeholder management skills.
– Energy and passion with ability to drive performance.
– Travel required.