|Dalberg recruits 01 Research Manager (RM)|
|Localisation||Dakar / Sénégal|
|Expiration||15 Fevrier 2021|
Description de l’offre
RESEARCH MANAGER (RM) – (237)
Job Title : Research Manager (RM)
Business/Department : Dalberg Research
Job Category : Research
Location : Dakar, SN (multi-location)
Closing Date : 15 Feb 2021
WHO ARE WE
Dalberg Research provides research and analysis that offers clients actionable solutions to their problems.
We are a full-service research agency answering questions about markets, consumers and lifestyles across more than 30 countries via quantitative and qualitative studies.
We specialize in the inventory, collection, and analysis of primary research data for businesses, NGOs, governments and other institutions. Our services range from survey design to data collection and analysis of findings in both Anglo and Francophone regions.
Dalberg Research is part of the global Dalberg Group.
We also love learning from each other and are continuously looking for people who bring a new set of experiences and backgrounds to our team.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for Research Manager to join our team. Reporting to the Research Director this role will lead in business development, proposal writing, design, implementation and analysis of primary research.
The position provides an excellent all-round leadership opportunity in the field of market and social research.
To deliver projects successfully, close collaboration and coordinating activities with Field Operations and Data Processing will be required. We are going through a period of exciting growth and change – we are hugely ambitious for our future and we are looking for colleagues who share in our ambition and our mission.
While the role will be based in Dakar, Senegal, it is a diverse role and will require frequent interaction and support our clients in global locations.
The role may also have some travel requirements.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
1. Lead implementation of research projects, from scoping through to methodology and report writing, including managing and developing client relationships;
2. Manage to ensure output quality by implementing exemplary quality control processes through project execution aimed at exceeding customer expectations;
3. Plan and manage resources effectively to enhance project reliability by implementing systems and processes within specified timelines and within the allocated budgets;
4. Maintain transparency by applying documented processes to ensure utmost accountability to client expectations, highest level of integrity and upholding practice code of ethics throughout project execution;
5. Develop creative and innovative proposal designs and execute methodologies that are diverse but achievable;
6. Achieve growth by proactively identifying and pursing new business opportunities through understanding client needs and designing proposals and managing execution;
7. Manage project reporting to support decision-making; and
8. Build cohesive teams through coaching and guiding project staff or contractors as necessary to achieve project objectives, seeking best value at all times.
9. Work collaboratively with internal team members, partners and consultants to execute client engagements; manage, coach and mentor junior staff members as assigned and contribute to building a positive organizational culture.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum an undergraduate degree in any subject with a strong quantitative course load from a recognized university; a Master’s degree desired.
• At least eight (8) years’ demonstratable experience in the field of delivering research projects.
• Proven project management experience; leading and managing different portfolio of projects. A Project Management certification is an added advantage.
• Good command of written and spoken French and English
• Good exposure and working experience in research with strong numerical and analytical skills.
• Proven experience in concepts and proposal development with a good business development exposure in diverse markets.
• ICT Savvy with a good command of Microsoft office tools, data handling and processing applications, presentation, and internet.
SKILLS AND KEY COMPETENCIES
• Strong problem-solving capabilities, including the desire to take ambiguous problems and deliver creative and well-structured solutions.
• Builds senior relationships effectively; gaining trust and credibility through expertise and delivery, and demonstrating an ability to engage, inspire, challenge and influence others.
• Can work at pace, handling ambiguity and complexity in their stride to identify and deliver the right solutions.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to foster and develop close working relationships.
• A team player with good leadership skills – demonstrated ability to build cohesive teams, develop talent, and achieve organizational goals through teamwork.
• An ability to be discreet, diplomatic, reliable and trustworthy with a thorough, professional approach to work.
• Display initiative, as you will be expected to be innovative and redefine existing processes.
• Exceptional organisational skills; can plan and prioritise effectively across conflicting priorities to achieve great results.
• An effective communicator and influencer, both verbally and in writing; handling complex situations with tact and composure and understands the art of listening.
• Brings energy and a dynamic approach to work that creates a positive, can-do work environment.
• A collaborative team player and passionate developer of/mentor to those in their team
• Unquestionable integrity, culturally aware and respectful – curious and sensitive about the cultures in which we operate.
As we continue to scale and grow – we are hugely ambitious for our future and we are looking for people who are driven to impact the communities and geographies we serve.
Our team encompasses professionals with diverse skills.
You will learn and grow in an environment that will challenge you to think and work with a fresh perspective.
In turn, you can expect to work somewhere where you will be stretched and developed in your role, a place where you can build your career and work with talented, engaged people committed to our objectives, clients and markets we serve.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should apply on or before 15th February 2021.
Dalberg Research is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment.
|COMMENT POSTULER ?|
Apply online to this job