Dalberg recruits 01 Knowledge Management Associate
We are a global group working to build a
more inclusive and sustainable world where all people, everywhere, can reach their fullest potential. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world, providing an innovative mix of advisory, investment, research, analytics, and design services. Today’s complex global problems require new solutions. Comprised of Dalberg Advisors, Dalberg Capital, Dalberg Design, Dalberg Data Insights, and Dalberg Research; our businesses approach problems differently and work together to create impact at scale. We are from everywhere, at home anywhere – an African and American company as much as an Asian, Middle Eastern, and European one.
Dalberg is a place where a diverse mix of talented individuals are able to bring their authentic selves to work – whether it’s how you identify, where you come from, the languages you speak, the person you love, the way you worship. Dalberg is a home where people feel safe, understood, nurtured, and encouraged to grow.
As a team of 450+ people from 50 countries, speaking over 90 languages collectively, with 40%+ female leadership team, Dalberg places diversity, equity, and inclusion principles at the heart of our organization and the work we do alongside our clients, partners and communities.
Established in 2001 by experienced private sector consultants, Dalberg operates from 26 worldwide locations. For more information, please visit Dalberg.
About our clients
Our clients come to us with some of the most difficult global problems, seeking solutions where the obvious ones have failed. We are entrepreneurs and innovators, designers and creative problem solvers, thinkers, and doers who supply new ideas, drawing from a deep base of knowledge that cuts across sectors and geographies and is growing every day. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world. Some of our recent clients include foundations such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, corporations such as Pepsi and Vodafone, multilateral institutions such as the World Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank, UN Agencies such as UNICEF and the UNEP, and government agencies such as DFID and the Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency.
Knowledge management (KM) associate role
Our vision is for Dalberg to be an insights leader to the world, where internal resources are aligned to maximize our impact through top-notch client work, IP, and thought leadership. Effective Knowledge Management (KM) is increasingly seen as an essential operations function to help Dalberg achieve that vision. With more than 400 projects and 100 individual clients served per year, our ability to both extract knowledge from our client work to produce sharper insights to set agendas as well as our ability to synthesize insights across a diverse set of practice areas and capabilities to better inform our delivery of high-quality client service is essential to our success.
The KM Associate role is an entrepreneurial operations role within Dalberg Advisors that will support the global KM Director in the execution of all KM related functions at Dalberg as they are built and scaled.
The KM Associate will primarily be responsible for existing and new KM systems and processes, such as databases, surveys, qualification documents, automated reports, and intranet homepages. The role also includes the coordination of all knowledge-related needs for 5-6 Practice Areas (such as Food & Agriculture, Global Health, etc.) that include thought leadership, point of views, killer slide packs, expert lists, staff bios, etc.
- You are entrepreneurial-minded and love to build and grow things to satisfy unmet needs.
- You have a natural curiosity about the world and especially around understanding how and why social impact happens when it does
- You are a self-starter and problem solver who takes ownership mentality and identifies problems to solve and acts on what is needed to get results
- You have excellent customer service and strong facilitation skills and are highly adept at managing stakeholders
- You have a high level of comfort with and embrace technology and systems as a solution and enjoy taking things apart to understand how they work before you put them back together again to make them more efficient
- You are excited about KM content generation, management, and systems
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, like the space to work independently without too much interference or direction
- You are a team player that knows how to build consensus and are willing to give and receive honest feedback
Specific skills and background
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in computer sciences, engineering, or other relevant fields from a top university or the equivalent’s worth of work experience
- You have three or more years of work experience with demonstrated ability to grow in the roles and responsibilities you are given
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to synthesize large amounts of information and ability to adapt messages for different audiences
- Strong research and quantitative skills including mastery of Microsoft Suite, and preferably familiarity with SharePoint, knowledge/content management tools, and CRM software like Salesforce
- You are comfortable with managing complex global operations processes and getting things done efficiently while still treating people with humility and respect
What you will do and how you will grow
- Develop and maintain all relevant KM systems, including databases, surveys, automated reports, and intranet homepages
- Ensure quality and consistency across KM content and systems assets, in partnership with the operations team responsible for these assets
- Serve as contact person and liaison between other operations functions and systems at Dalberg including ERP platform
- Perform market research to compile potential IT providers to improve or replace internal KM platform
- Develop/test/pilot/implement new approaches to improve KM, manage RFP
KM strategy and operations support
- Support Global KM Director in annual KM strategic planning process working with operations, Dalberg management team, Practice leads and Regional Directors
- Manage and serve as a liaison for all existing Dalberg knowledge assets within the firm, including
- Project outreach before/after projects, team surveys and various reports; and making them useful and usable by Dalberg Partners, consulting teams, and Practice areas
- Create resources for staff to learn about KM content generation and dissemination guidelines
- Remain up to date on leading knowledge management best practices and lead continuous improvement for Dalberg’s KM practices, including through professional development
KM practice leadership
- Drive the creation and maintenance of high impact KM assets, both for internal (pitch deck, project starter pack, blog posts, podcasts, etc.) and external dissemination (thought leadership, Point of View)
- Facilitate access to needed business development resources (project qualifications, past proposals, relevant thought leadership/POVs) for all Partners and business development teams
- Conduct post-project interviews of client teams to download key learnings and potentially relevant KM insights
- Serve as day to day contact person for all KM related queries be, they from staff, partners or from external vendors (IT systems, expert providers such as OnFrontiers, etc.)
Join our team
Please submit your application at our Career Centre by July 31st, 2020.
Your application should include a resume, cover letter, and a sample knowledge management publication you have authored.
During the same recruitment period, please only apply to one position at Dalberg. This position is open in Dalberg’s offices in Mumbai, New Delhi, Nairobi and Dakar, and may involve travel to other offices as needed.
Candidate applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Candidates selected for interviews will be invited for a number of interviews to test analytical and conceptual thinking skills through consulting case questions, and to discuss interests and experience. A candidate’s specific title and level of entry will be assessed during the interview process.
Closing Date: 31 Jul 2020
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter dalberg.hua.hrsmart.com.