Dalberg recruits 01 Commmunication Manager
We are a global group working to build a more inclusive and sustainable world where all people, everywhere, can reach their fullest potential. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world, providing an innovative mix of advisory, investment, research, analytics, and design services. Today’s complex global problems require new solutions. Comprised of Dalberg Advisors, Dalberg Capital, Dalberg Design, Dalberg Data Insights and Dalberg Research; our businesses approach problems differently and work together to create impact at scale. We are from everywhere, at home anywhere – an African and American company as much as an Asian, Middle Eastern, and European one.
Dalberg is a place where a diverse mix of talented individuals are able to bring their whole selves to work – whether it’s how you identify, where you come from, the languages you speak, the person you love, the way you worship. Dalberg is a home where people feel safe, understood, nurtured and encouraged to grow.
As a team of 450+ people from 50 countries, speaking over 90 languages collectively, with 40%+ female leadership team, Dalberg places diversity, equity and inclusion principles at the heart of our organization and the work we do alongside our clients, partners and communities.
Established in 2001 by experienced private sector consultants, Dalberg operates from 26 worldwide locations. For more information, please visit Dalberg.
What you will do nad how you will grow
- Develop a Francophone West Africa communications strategy in partnership with Dalberg Francophone West Africa’s partners, staff, and Dalberg’s global communications team – this strategy will include both internal (Dalberg) and external audiences, and will include specific strategies for select projects and initiatives that are multi-year
- Manage the roll-out of the strategy, including tracking of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Play a lead role in supporting the development and dissemination of thought leadership projects (e.g., consultant-authored reports, articles, blogs, infographics, etc.) from inception to publication; the manager will be expected to edit and, in some cases, ghostwrite thought leadership
- Cultivate and grow relationships with media contacts on the continent at key local, national, and regional outlets
- Coordinate, compile, publish, and disseminate Francophone West Africa’s periodical internal newsletter
- Support Francophone West Africa partners and staff in external communications, including creating and delivering internal trainings on effective communication, prepping staff for TV, radio or print interviews etc.
- Track outputs and outcomes from communications activities (e.g., media mentions, newsletters) in partnership with the global communication team and conduct analytics on the data to inform and shape
Francophone West Africa’s regional communications strategy
- Coordinate with the global communications lead at Dalberg to amplify Francophone West Africa’s regional communications via global channels to reach Francophone West Africa audiences
- Support the global communication team with content for social media e.g. live tweets, event photos, press releases, post-event coverage, etc.
- Proactively identify industry events and conferences in the region to showcase Francophone West Africa’s work and build Dalberg’s brand; support Dalberg’s presence at key external events, propose events to consider sponsoring or co-creating and proactively find speaking slots
- Play a lead role in managing and executing Dalberg led events from inception to completion e.g. budgeting, identifying and managing sub-contractors where needed, managing and mobilizing the relevant stakeholders including internal ones, acting as the point-person for conference organizers, sponsors etc. Manage events and logistics, engaging consultants and sub-contractors as needed
- Support the Francophone West Africa HR & Talent team on the planning and execution of recruiting events or on recruiting events that Dalberg will be participating in
- Create branded materials for conferences and events; be the final point of contact for any materials that are needed leading up to and during events or conferences
- Cultivate and grow relationships for key conferences and events with a regional focus that we envision continued engagement with, especially for conferences that are identified as of high importance to the Francophone West Africa management team
- Support Francophone West Africa partners and staff as needed for conference engagement
- Track outputs and outcomes from marketing activities e.g., media mentions, participation, types of attendees, outcomes from effective events and conference engagement, including collecting anecdotal information and conducting analytics on the data to inform and shape Francophone West Africa’s marketing and events strategy
About our clients
Our clients come to us with some of the most difficult global problems, seeking solutions where the obvious ones have failed. We are entrepreneurs and innovators, designers and creative problem solvers, thinkers, and doers who supply new ideas, drawing from a deep base of knowledge that cuts across sectors and geographies and is growing every day.
We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world. Some of our recent clients include foundations such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, corporations such as Pepsi and Vodafone, multilateral institutions such as the World Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank, UN Agencies such as UNICEF and the UNEP, and government agencies such as DFID and the Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher
- At least 5-7 years of communication and/or marketing experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including impeccable French and English grammar and editing skills
- Established success in creating and executing communications-related knowledge and/or experience (professional or academic) plus experience in creating and executing events
- Excellent time and project management skills, attention to detail, ability to work independently under tight deadlines
- Ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner (written and verbal)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Expertise in using design tools such as Adobe Indesign or in video and photo editing software is a plus
- Sensitivity to the political and cultural environment of international public agencies or similarly complex environments
- Experience living and working in different cultures (time spent in developing countries strongly preferred)
- Knowledge of national and regional media outlets, as well as established connections to reporters and editors familiarity with key issues and players in the development sector
- Knowledge of national and regional events of interest, as well as established connections to relevant subcontractors e.g. videographers, graphic designers, equipment providers
Join our team
Our current opportunities are in Dakar. Please submit your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org, by January 27, 2020. Your application should include a resume, cover letter and a short essay.
During the same recruitment period, please only apply to one position at Dalberg. This position should be the role best suited to your current professional experience and to your first preference location.
Candidates selected for interviews will be invited for a series of interviews, and may be asked to develop some materials for review. A candidate’s specific title and level of entry will be assessed during the interview process.