CrossCulture Internships Programme (CCP) 2016
The CrossCulture Internships Programme (CCP) is an exchange and dialogue programme of IFA (Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen). The programme is implemented in partnership with the German Federal Foreign Office. Since 2005 it offers young professionals and committed volunteers the opportunity to expand their professional and political competence as well as to gather international experience through a stay in another cultural context.
In addition to further professional development and specialist training, the programme participants also gain an insight into the social and political structures of the host country and become acquainted with cultural characteristics and behavioural patterns through integration into working and everyday life. The internship will last at least eight weeks and up to a maximum of three months and will be individually scheduled according to profile, needs and availability.
- The interns’ travel and subsistence expenses are covered by the programme funds. This includes a monthly grant of 550 Euro, travel costs to Germany and urban local traffic, as well as visa fees, health insurance and accommodation. The latter is either a private room in a shared flat (according to gender), a private room in a host family or a small furnished apartment.
- Accommodation includes cost for electricity, water and heating; whereas telephone and internet facilities are not included.
- Young professionals and committed volunteers in different areas of civil society as well as multipliers in media and other relevant organisations;
- Currently enrolled university students will not be considered for selection;
- Applicants should not exceed the age limit of 23 to 45 years;
- Requirements for taking part in the programme include a good command of English and a permanent employment or volunteer involvement in an organisation or institution in one’s own country. Knowledge of German is welcome but not required;
- The applicants must be in good health. Their physical as well as mental working capacity must be sufficient for the require.
For more information, visit CrossCulture Internships.