Crisis Group hires 01 West Africa Voluntary Intern
Localisation Dakar / Sénégal
Expiration 05 Juin 2017
Description de l’offre
The International Crisis Group’s West Africa Project is looking for a full-time voluntary intern to assist its project director and analysts in their daily activities. This is a desk-based position that requires a natural flair for political analysis, flexibility, intelligence and hard work, and offers an excellent opportunity for someone to learn about conflict analysis and advocacy work and gain valuable experience in a high-profile international NGO.
The voluntary internship would suit a bilingual French/English candidate with a recent undergraduate or graduate degree in international relations, political science or related fields, seeking to gain experience in a fast-paced, international NGO working to prevent and resolve deadly conflict worldwide. We are looking for someone to start in early September and a second voluntary intern to start in December.
* Monitoring political developments in West Africa via online sources;
* Writing daily press roundups on countries covered by the project;
* Assisting in drafting monthly situation reports on countries covered by the project;
* Assisting in various research assignments;
* Other administrative tasks as may be required.
* Excellent writing, research and organisational skills;
* Excellent ability to summarise information;
* Fluency in verbal and written English and French; knowledge of other languages (among others Arabic, Hausa, Tamacheq, Portuguese) an asset,
* Experience in office management, administration and event organising an asset;
* Previous experience working in/on West Africa an asset.
Please send your application by 05 June 2017.
To apply to this position please, click on the following link:
Coordonnées de l’offre
Click to the link below : http://jobs.crisisgroup.org/o/west-africa-voluntary-intern/c/new