Counterpart International recruits 01 Senior Programs Officer
The Senior Program Officer supports implementation of two USDA funded projects in Senegal. This is a full/part time position based in Dakar, Senegal. This position will report to the Chief of Party.
The Senior Program Officer provides technical and operational support for the successful implementation of Counterpart programs in the areas of food security, nutrition, and agriculture. The current portfolio includes the Senegal Local and Regional Food Aid Procurement Program (LRP) and the McGovern-Dole Food for Education and Child Nutrition project (McGovern-Dole) phase 2. The Officer will work closely with the Chief of Party (CoP) to provide support to field operations in the areas of technical implementation, operational efficiency, and compliance requirements.
- Support CoP in coordinating, preparing, and reviewing the timely preparation and submission of reports, including annual work plans; project evaluations; food commodity reports; field assessments, quarterly and semi-annual reports etc;
- Support project implementation through coordination of technical elements, ensuring that objectives and milestones are achieved on time and within budget (fiscal oversight);
- Supervise the Commodity Officer;
- Support CoP in coordinating logistics of food commodities, including commodity call forwards and transportation of commodities from US to field;
- Support CoP and Senior Director of Finance in developing detailed budgets and agreement modifications that conform to project design and agreements;
- Oversee partnership engagement of in-country sub-partners (ARED)
- Support CoP in monitoring and troubleshooting on-going project implementation;
- Support monitoring of program activities and budgets to ensure activities are conducted according to work plans, ensuring integrity and timeliness of activities in meeting program objectives, compliance with donor and Counterpart policies, troubleshooting and recommending alternative activities when appropriate;
- Support recruitment and contracting of staff and interns as needed;
- Assist CoP with other strategic and operational tasks as required by the project;
- Complete other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s in social science, international development, or other related fields
- 5-7 years project management and project coordination experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French and English (fluent)
- Familiarity in working in multi-cultural environments
- Deep familiarity with USG finance and grants process (USDA in particular)
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to supervise staff as needed
Closing date : 28 October 2021.Postuler