Cities for our Future Challenge 2018 Global Competition – Win £50,000 and Mentorship!
Deadline: May 31, 2018
Calling students, startups and young professionals! The Cities for our Future Challenge is now open. This is a global competition run by the Royal Institution Of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) in partnership with the UK National Commission of UNESCO. They are inviting imaginative problem solvers from the wider field of surveying, urban design, architecture and engineering to submit transformative ideas for projects and policies that solve some of the defining challenges of our time: Rapid Urbanisation, Climate Change and Resource Scarcity.
If you’ve got a transformative idea for a project or policy and you want to make a positive contribution to the world, potentially build your professional profile at an international level and kick start a rewarding and varied career, then this is the competition for you. The winner will receive a £50,000 prize and mentorship with industry experts to potentially make their concept a reality.
- A £50,000 prize will be awarded to the winner, and their idea could be made into a prototype that makes a positive contribution to the world.
- You will also get the chance to build your professional profile at an international level, potentially kick start a rewarding and varied career, and work with experts within the surveying industry.
Are you an imaginative, problem solving young professional, start up or student involved in surveying, urban design, architecture,or engineering? Then share your transformative ideas for projects and policies that solve some of the defining issues of our time: Rapid Urbanisation, Climate Change and Resource Scarcity.
- Anyone can enter, but we’re really interested in hearing from:
o Students in the fields of surveying, design, architecture or engineering.
o Start-ups who want to boost the prospects of their proptech, green or built environment business.
o Young professionals in the fields of surveying, design, architecture or engineering.
- They are looking for exciting, innovative ideas that help solve Rapid Urbanisation, Resource Scarcity and Climate Change.
- Judges will rate your idea based on impact, excitement, scale, relevance and feasibility.
Submit your entry by selecting a challenge by core topic and region of the world. The best entries will be shortlisted in June 2018, and each entrant will receive mentoring from a RICS professional to help develop their idea ready for the final global judging.
- First, choose the topic you want to tackle: Rapid Urbanisation, Resource Scarcity or Climate Change, then select the city you’d most like to create a solution for
- Read the brief and download the entry document.
- Fill in the document with your entry and then submit it online by 31 May 2018. All entries must be in English.
For more information, visit Cities for our Future Challenge.