Christopher Newport University Call for Papers: Global Status of Women and Girls Conference
Deadline: 1 October 2018
Christopher Newport University’s College of Arts and Humanities, in partnership with Norfolk State University, is inviting applicants for the forthcoming Conference on the Global Status of Women and Girls to be held at Christopher Newport, March 21-23, 2019.
The theme for this year’s conference is: “Intersectionality: Understanding Women’s Lives and Resistance in the Past and Present”.
This interdisciplinary conference uses tools of the arts, humanities, social sciences, and other fields to address challenges faced by women and girls around the world, both historically and today.
Topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Social movements
- Women’s writing and narratives
- Artistic representations of women (film, literature, music etc.)
- Motherhood and family life
- Sexuality and gender identity
- Reproductive Rights
- Social media
- Submissions from any academic discipline are welcome, including, but not limited to, art, history, philosophy, religious studies, sociology, psychology, environmental science, medicine, biomedical ethics, economics, political science, gender studies, communication studies and literature.
- They also invite professionals in nonacademic settings to submit proposals.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a 350 to 500-word abstract via given website.
For more information, please visit Global Status of Women and Girls.