Chemonics hires 01 Senior reading specialist
Salaire / mois
Localisation Dakar / Sénégal
Expiration 04 Octobre 2017
Description de l’offre
Chemonics seeks a senior reading specialist for USAID’s Lecture Pour Tous (Senegal All Children Reading) Project. This $71 million project works in six target regions in Senegal to improve early grade reading instruction in public primary schools and daaras, improve delivery systems for early grade reading instruction, and improve parent and community engagement in early grade reading. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
• Provide overall technical oversight and guidance to program work related to improving instruction on early grade reading, improving delivery systems for better early grade reading instruction, and increasing family and community engagement in early grade reading
• Guide program staff on essential components of reading programs, including curriculum design, lesson planning, instructional approach, teacher professional development, materials development and distribution, classroom-level assessment, and large-scale assessment, to develop and integrate highly effective activities for maximum effectiveness at the program level
• Engage with actors across the education system to optimize use of available resources with specific attention to school and classroom management practice, including quality assurance, supportive supervision, and coaching leading to improvement in learning outcomes at the primary-school level
• Contribute knowledge of effective school research findings and practices applicable to developing country contexts
• Engage directly with host-country organizations on their capacity development needs with the overall aim of improving equitable and high-quality service delivery to host-country populations for improved reading outcomes
• Assist Senegal Ministry of Education personnel in the analysis and appraisal of reform efforts, supporting other specialists on the team to ensure coherent program implementation
• Manage technical staff working on materials development, training, and liaising with private publishers
• Build collaborative relationships with governmental agencies, donor/client organizations, relevant private sector actors, and other non-governmental organizations and institutes to enhance quality and effectiveness of the project materials
• Review, analyze, and evaluate the effectiveness of literacy-related activities and recommend improvements to meet project goals
• Lead production of project deliverables and report components related to reading materials development, publishing, and teacher training and support
• Master’s degree with a specialty in early grade reading, with a focus on curriculum development or reading instruction highly preferred
• Minimum four years of experience in technical direction of international programs working to improve early grade reading required
• Prior experience with the development of early grade reading materials, training programs, classroom monitoring protocols, and tests and assessments (including Early Grade Reading Assessment) required
• Minimum four years of experience in conducting teacher training/coaching and training of trainers
• Prior experience working with communities, government, and other donors to support improved reading preferred
• Demonstrated knowledge of international evidence-based approaches to learning reading using phonics and systematic, structured, and explicit instruction required; experience using these approaches in instructional design or direct instruction strongly preferred
• Experience and expertise in overseeing the design of instructional materials for large-scale education programs required
• Minimum three years of demonstrated excellence in a management position, preferably direct supervision and evaluation of professional staff and multiple concurrent project deliverables
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
• Professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken English is required; it is preferred, but not required, that the candidate be conversant and fluent in French
• Candidates may be subject to a language verification test
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit an up-to-date CV and cover letter with the subject: « Lecture Pour Tous: Senior Reading Specialist »in the subject line to
This recruit is being conducted on a rolling basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible.
No telephone inquiries, please.
Only finalists will be contacted.
Coordonnées du recruteur pour cette offre