CEI SEEMO Award for Outstanding Merits in Investigative Journalism 2019
Deadline: May 31, 2019
The Central European Initiative (CEI) and the South East Europe Media Organisation (SEEMO) have opened the Call for Applications of the CEI SEEMO Award for Outstanding Merits in Investigative Journalism 2019.
The Award is meant to honour the work carried out by investigative journalists and their contribution to investigative reporting despite the difficult conditions under which they often have to operate. This year, the Award has a special focus on environmental issues and is divided into two categories: Professional journalists and Young professional journalists.
Awards will be presented in the two categories:
- Professional Journalists – 4,000 EUR
- Young Professional Journalists (born on or after 1/1/1989) – 1,000 EUR
The winners will be awarded during the South East Europe Media Forum taking place in Zagreb, Croatia, on 4-5 November 2019.
- Open to nationals of the 17 CEI Member States: Albania, Austria, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Italy, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and Ukraine.
- Print, Radio, TV, news agencies and Internet media are admitted.
- For Category 1, candidates should have been actively engaged in investigative reporting over the last two years and should still be active in journalism. Two samples of journalistic work will be relevant for the evaluation by the jury.
- For Category 2, candidates should have been actively involved in investigative reporting, even in the context of training activities organised by schools/universities/NGOs and, as a result, should have published at least one investigative story meeting all professional standards. One sample of journalistic work will be relevant for the evaluation by the jury.
Before filling in the Online Application Form, prepare the following documents on your computer. All documents to be uploaded need to be converted in PDF format.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- A recommendation letter
- Up to three samples of journalistic work in a single PDF document (minimum two samples in Category 1, one sample in Category 2)