CEA recruits 01 Training Assistant
Commission économique pour l’Afrique (CEA)
Addis Ababa, Ethiopie
Vacance de poste
Intitulé publication : Training Assistant
Département / Bureau : Commission économique pour l’Afrique
Lieu d’affectation : ADDIS ABABA
Période de candidature : 18 novembre 2021
No de l’appel á candidature : 21-Economic Commission for Africa-168236-Individual Contractor
Staffing Exercise N/A
Valeurs fondamentales de l’ONU : intégrité, professionnalisme, respect de la diversité
Result of Service
The Individual Contractor will be expected to deliver the outputs/work assignments stipulated under
Duties and Responsibilities up to the set standards of the ODU.
Duties and Responsibilities
This post is located in the Organization Development Unit (ODU), Human Resources Management Section, Division of Administration, (HRMS/DoA) at the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA). The Training Assistant works under the direct supervision of Chief of the Organization Development Unit and under the overall guidance of the Chief Human Resource Management Section. The Human Resources Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
• Provide support in the revitalization, planning, development and implementation of staff career support and development programmes;
• Provide day to day operational desk support on Career Resource Centre;
• Provide support to programming and reporting in relation to learning and development programmes of the Career Resource Centre;
• Organize and follow-up staff registration, pre-assessment examinations and scheduling of classes;
• Coordinate regular examinations and provide certificates;
• Develop and manage the calendar of various programmes in particular the Career Resource centre;
• Ensure recording and tracking of the programmes of the career resource centre;
• Design customized training programmes and develop convenient and user-friendly training resources;
• Invite eligible staff members to take part in training programmes, follow-up pre-training activities and collect post and pre-training assessment feedbacks;
• Communicate, advise and provide assistance to applicants;
• Compile and make available to staff, training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials on staff career support and development matters as appropriate;
• Undertake effective utilisation of the “Career Resources Centre”, through proper branding, communication and outreach to staff members and other clients;
• Serve as the Secretariat of the various committees assist with convening meetings, record discussions/decisions and release the minutes and action points for implementation, as well as ensure proper follow up of related actions.
• Assist with administrative and logistical support to include compiling courses, prepare announcements, prepare and submit relevant documentation required for undertaking trainings;
• Respond to queries from partners, clients and stakeholders;
• Maintain and update database of applicants, facilitators, students and other users; prepare routine correspondence concerning requests for ODU services;
• Assist with the organizing and administering of the career resource centre and other staff related programmes;
• Assist with dissemination of communication and outreach to staff members and other clients;
• Provide administrative and logistical support to the facilitators;
• Establish and maintain chronological files (physical and online) recruitment case files and policy/reference files;
• Keep-track of all training activities and generate periodic reports (monthly, quarterly, bi-annually, yearly and biennium);
Academic Qualifications: High school or equivalent diploma. Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management or related area is desirable.
Experience: Five years of progressively responsible experience in supporting and assisting the implementation of human resources/training programmes and other related events.
Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position fluency in English is required.
Aucun frais de dossier
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.