CEA recruits 01 Senior Human Resources Assistant
Commission économique pour l’Afrique (CEA)
Addis Ababa, Ethiopie
Vacance de poste
Intitulé publication : Senior Human Resources Assistant
Département / Bureau : Commission économique pour l’Afrique
Lieu d’affectation : ADDIS ABABA
Période de candidature : 18 novembre 2021
No de l’appel á candidature : 21-Economic Commission for Africa-168235-Individual Contractor
Staffing Exercise N/A
Valeurs fondamentales de l’ONU : intégrité, professionnalisme, respect de la diversité
Result of Service
The Individual Contractor will be expected to deliver the outputs/work assignments stipulated under Duties and Responsibilities up to the set standards of the ODU.
Three months effective signing of contract
Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Human Resource Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
1. Coordinate Learning and Development Training Programmes/Projects and other ODU activities, these include:
• Coordinate the planning, development and implementation of staff learning and development programmes;
• Provide support to programming and reporting;
• Supervise teachers/trainers and administer training programmes including the evaluation of instructor performance and the effectiveness of training programs;
• Support in the analysis of training needs to develop new training programs and improve existing ones;
• Provide technical assistance in the process of training needs assessment, data collection and analysis;
• Conduct and administer surveys – identify training needs based on a defined criterion;
• Provide lead support in the management and coordination of training programmes, content development, delivery and review;
• Provide support in the administration of training programmes including regular resource planning, monitoring and reporting functions;
• Provide day to day operational support in programming and reporting in relation to learning and development programmes;
• Develop, implement and manage testing and evaluation procedures for established programmes
• Assess, review and promote multilingualism at ECA;
• Provide technical support and assistance to staff members who are interested in various programmes;
• Compile and make available to staff, training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials on language and communication skills training programmes and staff career support and development matters as appropriate;
• Extracts, customizes, and analyzes reports in relation to trainings, budget allocations and expenditures, performance management compliances, etc.;
• Develop, manage and co-ordinate activities on the Learning and development calendar of the organisation;
• Undertakes research on a range of HR related issues and prepares notes/reports;
• Provides general office support services; processes, drafts, edits, proofreads and finalizes for signature/approval, a variety of correspondence and other communications; performs budget preparation input monitoring and implementation; sets up and maintains files/records (electronic and paper); schedules appointments/meetings, monitors deadlines, etc.;
• Identify potential local resource persons/vendors to facilitate training programmes to be included in the facilitator/trainer roster;
• Draft terms of reference, and other official correspondences, as appropriate;
• Liaise with internal and external entities; and
• Performs other duties as required.
Academic Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent. Degree in Business Administration Human Resources Management or related area is desirable.
Experience: Ten years of progressively responsible experience in human resources management, administrative services, training or related area.
Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
Aucun frais de dossier
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.