CEA recruits 01 Accounting Assistant – G6 Accounts Unit
Commission économique pour l’Afrique
Addis Ababa, Ethiopie
Vacance de poste
Intitulé publication : Accounting Assistant – G6 Accounts Unit
Département / Bureau : Commission économique pour l’Afrique
Lieu d’affectation : ADDIS ABABA
Période de candidature : 14 novembre 2021
No de l’appel á candidature : 21-Economic Commission for Africa-167722-Individual Contractor
Staffing Exercise N/A
Valeurs fondamentales de l’ONU : intégrité, professionnalisme, respect de la diversité
Result of Service
• Having clean and updated asset list
• Timely settlement of AUC
• Timely recoding of acquired and disposed asset
• Timely billing and collection of rental bills
• Timely submission of dashboard survey
6 months after signing the contract with HRSS. In addition there will be extension of 3 months contract depending on the budget allotment and within the break-in-service
Duties and Responsibilities
This position is located in the Accounts Unit of the Finance and Budget Section, at the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA). The incumbent(s) will work under the Chief of Accounts Unit. Within delegated authority, the Accounting Assistant will be assisting the Accounts Unit and will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Review of asset lists and checks all updates on the asset history sheet.
• Follow-up with SCMS team the acquisition of items periodically.
• Follow-up with the disposal team on the disposal process.
• Monthly review the AUC transactions and submit to Senior Asset Accountant for the monthly settlement.
• Follow up the rental billing with the asset accountant and FMS real estate team.
• Prepare memo and submit the invoice to the tenants on time.
• Follow up on the timely settlement of rental bill.
• Prepare summary report regarding the billing and settlement status of rental bills.
• Work closely with the asset accountant and other property team members in ECA.
• Clean up of the asset reports based on the different BI reports for asset and inventory
• Follow up the physical count exercise with SCMS team during inventory count.
• Support the asset accountant in the reconciliation of asset record and physical count.
• Support the debt collection team in collecting the receivable from staff/ clients on time
• Support accounts team in clearing OIM GL accounts for the preparation of financial reports
• Consolidate the monthly dash board review process and follow-up the progress.
• Prepare the receivable status report to be included in the monthly management report
• Assist in the year-end closure of accounts.
• Perform any other job assigned
Academic Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent is required. Additional qualifications in the area of finance, business administration and management, or information technology is highly desirable. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel is an advantage.
Experience: Seven years work experience in Administration, Finance, Accounting or related area such as Management, Marketing, Asset Management is required. Knowledge of UN Rules and Regulation on Financial matters is also an advantage
Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
Aucun frais de dossier
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.