Caroline Mutoko Leadership Award 2017
Deadline: May 26, 2017
Are you a passionate young leader in Africa? Apply for the Caroline Mutoko Leadership Award 2017. Caroline Mutoko is a One Young World Counsellor, the COO of Radioafrica Group and a leading Kenyan media personality with a radio career that spans more than 15 years. Caroline is, without doubt, the first female broadcaster to command the morning airwaves with a mix of love, charity and brutal honestly for the issues that affect Kenyans most. Caroline believes that now more than ever, media must look at where Kenya needs to be, where Kenya needs to go and actively and boldly pursue after the conversations, personalities, issues and topics that allow that reality to unfold. This year Caroline will provide one young leader the opportunity to participate in the upcoming One Young World Summit in Bogotá through the Caroline Mutoko Leadership Award.
One Young World relies on the support of a wide network of partners and supporters to ensure that young leaders from around the world can participate in the Summit and join the Ambassador network. One Young World partners and supporters range from multinational companies and foundations to individual philanthropists.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2017 in Bogotá, Colombia;
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between October 4 and October 7;
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner;
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue;
- Summit hand-outs and support materials;
- The cost of travel to and from Bogotá.
In order to apply you must be:
- Aged 18 – 30
- A current resident of Kenya
- Successful candidates will excel in the following areas:
- Evidenced commitment to creating positive change in Kenya. This commitment can come in many forms; ranging from a high level of involvement in community initiatives to social entrepreneurship or from leading responsible business practices to public service
- Show leadership ability
- Show concern for local and related global issues
- Ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas
- Demonstrate teamwork
- Be able to highlight why youth are so critical for the future of Kenya and Africa
Applicants should submit an online application before midnight 26 May.
For more information, visit Caroline Mutoko Leadership Award.