Canadian University of Dubai Scholarships, 2016
A primary objective of scholarships at Canadian University Dubai is to promote the retention of high academic achievers. We understand that not everyone is excellent or outstanding at everything and recognize the importance of differences and variety. We do not want financial limitations or special needs to get in the way of a great education.
The Canadian University Dubai offers the following scholarships: Outstanding Academic Excellence, Financial Hardship, Special Needs and Outstanding Sports Achievement.
Please note that the number of scholarships awarded is limited and you must meet the minimum selection criteria for the relevant category in order for your application to be considered by the scholarship committee. The amount to be awarded depends on the financial need and/or academic qualifications of the applicant.
Guiding Principles for Canadian University Dubai Scholarships
- Scholarships are open to all students of any citizenship who have met all the admission requirements.
- Scholarships are awarded to fulltime students enrolled in four (4) academic courses or more per semester. For financial hardship and special needs scholarships, the number of academic courses students must enroll in will be considered on a case-by-case basis, although, where possible, a minimum of four (4) academic courses is recommended. Please note that scholarships may be granted for credit-bearing courses only.
- Students must maintain the cumulative grade point average (CGPA) necessary in order to continue their scholarship. For special needs scholarships, the cumulative grade point average (CGPA) necessary in order to continue their scholarship will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Students can apply in successive years but scholarships are only valid for two (2) successive semesters, i.e. Fall and Spring. Scholarships are not valid for summer semesters.
- Scholarships are only valid for current tuition fees.
- You can apply for more than one scholarship, provided you meet the eligibility requirements. In case a student qualifies for more than one reduction, scholarship or discount, the student will be given the chance to choose the benefit with the highest value.
- All remaining fees (tuition and housing) must be paid promptly in order to receive and maintain your scholarship.
* Please note the following conditions:
- Winners or those who qualify for a reduction in the cost of tuition may not appeal the decision of the University or the percentage or amount of reduction assigned. The decision to grant or deny a reduction in cost is final.
- Scholarship Application deadline for the Fall Semester is June 15th.
- Scholarship Applications deadline for the Spring Semester is December 20th.
- Please note that late or incomplete scholarship applications will not be considered by the scholarship committee.
- Applicants must email their scholarship application forms (or visit the scholarship section of Student Affairs), along with all supporting documents (as detailed in the relevant sections on the different scholarship types) to firstname.lastname@example.org