Canada Council for the Arts: Arts Abroad Grant Program
Deadline: 6 February 2019
Applicants are invited to apply for “Travel” component of Arts Abroad that funds travel linked to international presentation, exhibition, artistic collaboration, networking and new market opportunities for Canadian artists and arts professionals, artistic groups and arts organizations.
Grants provide support to attend significant events outside of Canada and build international presence.
Individuals who are Deaf or who have disabilities, including those living with mental illness, and require accommodation at any stage of the application process may be eligible for additional assistance.
Travel costs generally based on fixed amounts, up to $30 000
- Transportation costs generally based on fixed amounts
- Accommodation and per diem, up to 5 days
- Additional shipping or baggage costs directly related to applicants activity, up to $2 500
Travel must be outside of Canada, at least 500 kilometres from applicant place of departure, and by invitation. Applicants can apply for single or several destinations within one trip, to:
- develop markets and networks (including participation in official showcases)
- present artistic work
- participate in significant events
- explore future artistic collaborations
- build on an existing tour (for a single representative of a group or organization)
- prospection for exhibition tours (directors and curators only)
- Types of potential applicants to this component include:
- artists and curators
- arts professionals
- cultural connectors and sector builders (Equity arts sector)
- artistic groups and collectives
- artistic organizations
- Applicants eligibility to apply to this component is determined by the validated profile created in the portal.
- Organizations presently receiving core (operating) grants can apply to this component.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://canadacouncil.ca/funding/grants/arts-abroad/travel