Call for Proposals: Search and Rescue New Initiatives Fund 2019-2020
Deadline: 30 November 2018
Applicants are invited to submit proposals for the Search and Rescue New Initiatives Fund 2019-2020 to enhance the effectiveness, efficiency, economy and innovation of search and rescue activities as it relates to the response and prevention objectives of the National Search and Rescue Program (NSP).
- Strengthen the National Coordination of Search and Rescue
- In Canada, search and rescue (SAR) is a shared responsibility amongst a wide-raging list of partners throughout several jurisdictions across Canada. Innovative measures that promote or advance coordination and response capabilities across multiple jurisdictions are crucial to ensuring integrated coordination as well as long-term sustainment of a world-class SAR system.
- The 2019-20 SAR NIF call for proposals will consider provincial or territorial level projects that meet one or more of the following:
- Initiatives that help integrate SAR with emergency management
- Initiatives that build disaster response capabilities within the volunteer SAR community.
- The development and implementation of national level trainingcurriculum.
- Initiatives that support or promote information, data, and or knowledge sharing within or between SAR jurisdictions, including research and studies.
- The development and implementation of stakeholder agreements that facilitate interjurisdictional SAR response.
- Initiatives that seek to enhance national interoperability between SAR organizations (e.g. Incident Command System, multijurisdictional exercise, etc.).
- Emphasize and Effectively Coordinate SAR Prevention Efforts
- In order to save lives, reduce pain and suffering and minimize the economic and social burden associated with responding to SAR incidents, a renewed focus on prevention is necessary. The sought after outcomes should aim to reduce the frequency, and mitigate the duration and severity of SAR incidents by altering behavior, promoting timely alerting and increasing the potential of survivability.
- The 2019-20 SAR NIF call for proposals will consider projects that meet one or more of the following:
- Research initiatives that seek to enhance SAR prevention programs or public education and outreach campaigns.
- Development, production, distribution and/or delivery of national or regional SAR incident prevention messaging.
The annual SAR NIF budget is $7.6M. With multi-year projects ongoing the availability of funds for new projects will vary from year to year.
The eligible recipients of the Program include the Provincial and Territorial governments, profit and not-for-profit Canadian organizations and associations from volunteer, academic or private sectors and individuals.
How to Apply
Applicants can download the application form via given website.
Eligible Country: Canada
For more information, please visit Call for Proposals.