Call for Proposals: 2018 – 2019 Canada Fund for Local Initiatives for Kenya
Deadline: 20 July 2018
The High Commission of Canada in Kenya has announced the call for proposals for the Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI) for the 2018-2019 funding cycle.
- The average contribution is expected to be in the range of CAD $15,000-$20,000 for each individual project.
- Larger projects may be considered on an exceptional basis.
- The average duration of a CFLI project is six (6) consecutive months, with all project activities to be completed by February 28, 2019.
- However, longer projects may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The Fund will grant applications in the areas that address identified needs of local communities that fall within one or more of the 2018-2019 CFLI priorities listed below for Kenya.
The Government of Canada is strongly committed to supporting gender equality and empowerment of women and girls; thus, these considerations should be taken into account under each priority.
- Inclusive governance, including diversity, democracy, human rights and the rule of law.
- Environmental action focusing on improving the conservation and sustainable use of rivers, lakes, oceans and marine resources for sustainable development.
- Gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls.
- The majority of CFLI funding is to be directed toward local civil society organizations (including non-governmental organizations) and other institutions working at the local level.
- Project proposals with regional reach will be eligible for the CFLI when relevant.
- Requests for core administrative funding and infrastructure projects will not be considered.
- The CFLI is always looking to fund innovative projects, which deliver measurable results.
How to Apply
To access the application forms, please send an email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Call for Proposals.