Call for Photographers to go on Assignment with Climate Trackers
Deadline: September 27, 2019
Photographers are invited to apply for a chance to go on an assignment with Climate Trackers. For this assignment, 20 photographers will be asked to visually illustrate the environmental projects supported by the GCCA+ in 10 different countries. Themes will span from energy (solar and other renewable energy), nature-based solutions, climate displacement, coastal resilience, climate finance, gender, waste management, mangroves restoration, and more.
Projects will take place for a 1-2 week period over the course of October 2019 to April 2020, and they are looking for photographers from the following countries to document the local environmental projects:
- Africa: Ghana, Togo, Djibouti, Chad, Mozambique, Sudan, Namibia, Rwanda, Uganda, Nigeria
- The Caribbeans: Cuba, Dominican Republic, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago
- Oceania: Papaua New Guinea, Marshall Islands
- Asia: Laos, Cambodia, Bangladesh, Bhutan
The assignment entails capturing at least 40 high quality images with relevant captions and meta-data of the assigned GCCA+ project and writing an accompanying article (400 words) to contextualize the photos.
Climate Tracker will
- Provide a stipend of €350
- Cover local travel costs (budget will be discussed with and approved by Climate Tracker prior to the assignment)
- Work with a regional coordinator to help organize your local travels
- Photographers aged 18-30 are encouraged to apply. However, you may still submit an application even if you are above the age limit if you believe that you would be a strong fit for this assignment.
To apply, you have to:
- Write a brief introduction to yourself, your work, and your experience with environmental photography/NGOs
- Include a link to your portfolio or a sample of your work (optional: include links to your social media platforms and past published works)
- Indicate your estimated availability and location for the next year
- List the photography equipment and relevant software that you have