Call for Participants- Seminar “Roma Youth Participation: What now?”
Deadline: 26 August 2019
The Council of Europe is inviting participants to participate in the seminar on “Roma Youth Participation: What now?” which will be devoted to review achievements and identify future priorities for the youth sector regarding Roma youth participation and combating antigypsyism.
The aim of the seminar is to assess the overall impact of the RYAP project and its response to the needs and aspiration of Roma young people. It should also examine good practices and recommend further actions to learn from them and youth participation and double mainstreaming.
The seminar on the results and impact of the RYAP will be devoted to review achievements and identify future priorities for the youth sector regarding Roma youth participation and combating antigypsyism. It will bring together stakeholders, experts and multipliers of the RYAP including: Roma youth organisations and networks, as well as, the members of the Informal Contact Group of the Roma Youth Action Plan, governmental institutions reached by the RYAP activities; young people and organisations involved in the RYAP at the national and local levels, representatives of national youth councils, trainers and Roma youth leaders.
The objectives of the seminar are:
- To discuss and share experiences from the RYAP in relation to youth participation and double mainstreaming of Roma youth issues;
- To explore the extent of which the main objectives of the RYAP project have been achieved and lessons learned at national and European level;
- To share successful examples of the work on youth participation and double mainstreaming particularly at the European and national level;
- To review current needs and expectations regarding Roma young people and their translation in the policies and programmes of the Council of Europe regarding youth and Roma and Travellers.
All interested candidates from the Council of Europe member states are invited to apply.
The seminar is open for stakeholders, experts and multipliers of the RYAP who:
- Have experience of the Council of Europe’s work in the field of youth and of Roma inclusion;
- Are nominated and supported by a partner or stakeholder of the Roma Youth Action Plan, such as:
- Roma youth organisations and networks
- Governmental institutions (national or local) reached by the RYAP activities
- Young people or youth leaders from organisations involved in the RYAP at the national and local levels
- Representatives of National Youth Councils and International Youth Organisations working with young Roma
- Trainers and other multipliers involved in RYAP
- Are able to work in English;
- Are resident in a state signatory of the European Cultural Convention (in exceptional cases some participants from other countries may also be invited);
- are supported by the youth organisation within which they can act as facilitators;
- are committed and available to attend and contribute for the full duration of the seminar, including the preparatory and follow-up phases.
The Council of Europe welcomes applications from all candidates who fulfil the specific profile of the activities, irrespective of gender, disability, marital or parental status, racial, ethnic or social origin, colour, religion, belief or sexual orientation.
How to Apply
All candidates must apply online by given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.coe.int/en/web/youth/-/call-for-participants-seminar-roma-youth-participation-what-now-