Deadline: December 31, 2018
The May 18 Memorial Foundation invites nominations for the 2019 Gwangju Prize for Human Rights. These prizes are awarded by the citizens of Gwangju in the spirit of solidarity and gratitude to those who have helped them in their struggle for democratization and their search for truth. It is hoped that through this award, the spirit and message of May 18 will be immortalized in the hearts and minds of humankind.
The May 18 Memorial Foundation is pleased to announce the call for 2019 nominations for the following Prizes:
- The Gwangju Prize for Human Rights (GPHR): It carries a cash award of $ 50,000 USD.
- The Special Prize of the GPHR (SPGPHR): It carries a cash award of $ 10,000 USD.
- The candidates eligible for the GPHR or SPGPHR are those persons or organizations nominated by a qualified individual or a qualified organization.
- A nomination of yourself will not be taken into consideration.
A nomination for the GPHR and the SPGPHR can be submitted by any individual or organization who meets the nomination criteria. Any nomination is considered valid if it is submitted by a person or an organization that falls within one of the following categories:
- Individuals or organizations who won the May 18 Citizens Award and/or Yun Sang-won Award
- Previous Gwangju Prize for Human Rights laureates
- Organizations in Korea or overseas working for human rights, peace, and reunification of Koreas that have been active three years or more and that the May 18 Memorial Foundation Directorate decides to request their nomination
- Any individual or organization in Korea or overseas that agrees on the purpose of the GPHR
Required Submission Documents
- Nomination Form (Download the attachment)
- Two ID Pictures (paste them on the designated spots)
- Other materials that can substantiate your activities and eligibility for the award
- How & to Whom: Via E-mail to email@example.com