Call for Nominations: EDF Pulse Africa 2018 Awards
Deadline: 1 August 2018
Nominations are open for EDF Pulse Africa 2018 Awards to support and assist African innovators, those really playing a role in energy development.
In an often difficult and challenging context, the innovation culture has emerged and is bringing out some useful energy solutions to Africans. EDF wants to rely on this powerful local resource to improve electricity access and build with, the future of energy in Africa.
For this edition, there will be awarded 3 prizes for the best innovative projects submitted by participants (African start-up, micro companies and small businesses), and applicable to the following areas:
- Off-grid electricity production: any innovation that produces and/or stores electricity off grid
- Electricity services and usages: any service that enables to expand electrification and any innovative product with low power consumption; recoverable by users of electricity services
- Water access: any innovative solution that improves access to water through electricity ( agriculture, drinking water)
EDF Pulse Africa awards are meant for applicants if:
- They are an African start-up that exists legally before 30th July 2018 and is located in Africa.
- They own an innovative project at a very advanced stage which uses or produces electricity in the following areas: Off-grid electricity; Electricity services and usages production; Water access.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit EDF Pulse Africa 2018 Awards.