Call for Innovation Proposals: UNAIDS Health Innovation Exchange Africa Regional Event 2019 (Stipend available)
Deadline: September 15, 2019
Call for Innovation Proposals for the UNAIDS Health Innovation Exchange Africa Regional Event 2019 is now open. In this context, innovations mean new or improved solutions for the health needs of individuals and populations that create value such as better health outcomes, improved efficiency, increased protection of human rights etc. They can be products or technologies, as well as improved service delivery models, policies etc.
Participation in the event will involve showcasing your innovation at a Health Innovation Marketplace, with possible participation in pitch sessions, panel discussions, workshops and/or site visits. The event will give innovators access to a variety of global health leaders, decision makers, investors and innovators.
- The innovator will be responsible for organizing and covering any travel and accommodation costs, with a limited number of stipends available to selected innovators from low and lower middle-income countries.
For this event (planned for November-December 2019, with exact dates and location to be confirmed), they are specifically looking for innovations that have potential to create impact towards health-related SDGs, including on HIV, TB, Hepatitis B & C and other major health challenges faced by Africa, and provide solutions for:
- Last mile delivery and access to services
- Integration of health services
- Health information and research
- Human resources for health
- Health infrastructure, including sustainable energy solutions
- Supply chain and delivery systems
- Digital and electronic health management
- Financial innovation
- Health needs of refugees, returnees and internally displaced persons
The submissions need to meet the following criteria:
- Innovation: The solution must clearly be an innovation, i.e. an invention or a clearly improved product/service;
- Values: The solution promotes the realization of the right to health, freedom from stigma and discrimination gender equality and other human rights norms and principles in its design and intended impact;
- Potential for impact: The solution should have the potential to deliver positive health and rights outcomes;
- Feasibility: The solution should have clear potential for successful implementation in a sustainable manner;
- Usability: The solution should demonstrate evidence of ease of use, replicability and durability.
To apply, fill in the form and submit your proposal here. In addition to the responses, you can also opt to send a 1-minute video explaining the innovation. The video can be shot with any mobile phone or camera device and can simply be a short pitch of the idea, or a short promotional video providing answers to the following:
- What problem does the innovation solve?
- What is the innovation and how does it work?
- What are you looking for to take your innovation forward?
Please send a link to your video to firstname.lastname@example.org.