Call for Expressions of Interest: TIA/ Chemin (South Africa)
The Chemistry Incubator (Chemin) would like to invite SMMEs in the Indigenous Knowledge Systems sector and community of practice to submit Expressions of Interest (EoIs) to develop Indigenous Knowledge-based products or processes on a semi-commercial or commercial scale.
The current EoI call is targeted at entrepreneurs, small enterprises and Indigenous Knowledge Holders who are interested in developing herbal infusions, cosmeceuticals and nutraceuticals made from indigenous plants and extracts, with specific focus on the entire value chain, from primary processing to product and process development for commercialisation.
The following parameters will be applicable to this EoI:
- TRL/Stage of development: 3-upwards
- Focus areas: Primary Processing to product and process development of herbal infusions, cosmeceuticals, and nutraceuticals based on Indigenous Knowledge
- Funding period guideline: Maximum 12-18 months
- Applying SMMEs must be South African owned and must be registered with the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC),
- Valid tax clearance certificate or pin code,
- Company Profile
- Processes and product prototypes that are already — under development will receive preference,
- Demonstration of potential or current markets (verifiable market interest) and business plan,
- The applicant must demonstrate competitive know-how,
- The potential for greater economic and social impact through, for example, local manufacture and job creation must be clear,
- Current company financials, if any, and
- Clear description of the type of technical assistance required, prioritised in terms of commercial market requirements.
- Preference will be given to the following in underserved regions of South Africa:
- SMMEs owned and managed by women SMMEs owned and managed by people with disabilities
- SMMEs owned and managed by the Youth [persons under the age of 35 years in the year of application]
The following will not be covered under this call:
- Requests for infrastructure or purchase of land,
- Requests for start-up costs,
- Requests for operational costs (for example salaries, rent, telephony),
- Requests to establish farming enterprises of the plants (primary agriculture),
- Equity holding or purchase rights,
- Clinical trials
- Accreditation of facilities.
For more information, visit Chemistry Incubator.
Laisser un Commentaire