Call for Concepts from Energy Organisations: Green and Inclusive Energy Programme
Deadline: 20 July 2018
Hivos is seeking Concept Notes from Energy Organisations for its Green and Inclusive Energy Programme with an overall objective to help transition the energy system in East Africa to one that is green and inclusive and which meets the energy needs of women and men in their daily lives. It envisions a green and inclusive energy system that creates economic opportunities and growth whilst mitigating climate change. Additionally, the programme aims to effect long-term changes in energy policy in East Africa that result in greener and more inclusive policies.
This programme aims to support Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) in East Africa that are working to address the aforementioned issues in a bid to strengthen local CSOs when it comes to contributions to energy policy.
This particular call for concepts is focusing on Kenya.
- A Kenyan organization already working in the energy sector.
- Proven track record work on energy access, advocacy for renewable energy or research in energy policy.
- Organizations interested in applying should demonstrate ample knowledge of and networks in the energy sector in Kenya, either at sub-national or national level.
- Knowledge of regional dynamics in the energy sector is a plus. In addition, Hivos is looking for organizations that take an innovative approach in reaching out to stakeholders including the government, other civil society organizations, private sector and citizens.
- The selected organization will be expected to collaborate not only with Hivos, but also with otheir other partners in the programme.
How to Apply
Applications should be in English and submitted at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Kenya
For more information, please visit Call for Concepts.