Call for Concept Notes: Nasser Fellowship for International Leadership “Batch 4”
Applicants are invited to submit concept notes for the Nasser Fellowship for International Leadership program.
The Nasser Fellowship for International Leadership is deemed to be complementary to Egypt’s ongoing efforts to play its mandated role in promoting the youth role locally, regionally, continental, and internationally by providing all forms of support, habilitation and training, in addition to empowering them to occupy leadership positions, in order to benefit from their abilities and ideas. That was recognized by President El-Sisi at the World Youth Forum in all its editions.
The Nasser Leadership Fellowship is also one of the implementation mechanisms of the following: World Youth Forum, Egypt Vision 2030, 10 principles of the Afro-Asian People’s Solidarity Organization, Africa Agenda 2063, Sustainable Development Goals 2030, South – South Cooperation, African Union Roadmap through Investment in Youth, African Youth Charter and principles of the Non-Aligned Movement. By way of example, the Fellowship offers an equal opportunity to both genders as indicated in the 5th Goal of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals.
The Fellowship also seeks to empower young people and give to actors from different countries of the world the chance to connect and forge partnerships in various fields, not only at the continental level but also at the international level, as referred to in the 17th Goal.
Objectives of “Batch 4”
- Sharing Egypt’s long-standing experience in establishing and building national institutions.
- Accelerating the implementation of AFCFTA
- Activating the Global South Partnership
- Merge Youth and Women in Peace and security Roadmaps
- Creating a generation of young leaders from Non-Aligned States with a vision consistent with the South South Partnership.
- Raising the awareness of the historical and future role of the Non-Aligned Movement.
- Activating the role of the Youth Network of Members of the Non-Aligned Movement NYN.
- Linking the most influential young leaders all over the world.
Reception & Accommodation
- The Ministry of Youth and Sports will bear the costs of full accommodation, local transportation, certificates, tourist attractions, and a PCR test 48 hours before departure from Egypt.
- Participants will bear the costs of their flight tickets, Visa to be (ensure) and a PCR test 48 hours before travel to Egypt.
- Every two participants from different nationalities will be checked into double rooms according to the integration policy of the African Youth Bureau to ensure intermingling and socialization among Fellowship participants.
- The Fellowship targets 150 young leaders all over the world.
- Decision-makers in Public & Private Sectors | Volunteers | Actors | National youth council Actors | civil society activists | Heads of National Youth Councils | Members of local Municipalities | Young Politicians | University Teaching staff | Researchers in political and humanitarian fields | Members of Syndicates | Journalists and Media Professionals | international, Continental humanitarian agencies | Social Entrepreneurs, etc).
Place & Period of implantation
- (30 May to June 17 2023), Egypt
For more information, visit Nasser Fellowship.